Ham Radio projects? Mike, K1FNX here

Any hams out there?..

this is Mike, K1FNX near Boston…

I’m an active ham (amateur radio operator) and design & build a lot of my own equipment…inc things that need cutting on a CrossFire table I have access to…

Bill (TinWhisperer) also KX9M have been in contact and wonder abt starting a ham radio thread?

I have vertical antenna radial plate designs for instance

any interest?

73, Mike K1FNX near Boston… 40 meter SSB DX guy… also 6 meters coming

Howdy Mike… Good to see you started the thread we talked about in email !! Just checking in here like I said I would… hi hi…

Just had a thought. Maybe we could come up with some kind of sched. to try and get us all on the air at one time in the future. I’ve taken down all of my HF gear here at home but LOVE the idea of getting back out into the field for a remote/one day kind of setup… FD and camping with the radios have been most fun for me!! I’ve got the receiver hitch tip up mast and pre-cut 40M dipole ready to go… TS-2000 hasn’t seen daylight in a year or so… Solar or gennie for power would do the trick nicely… Kind of buried with work until the 4th but, after then, things may die down a bit for me…

Let’s see what we can get going!! 73 de KX9M

1 Like

I’m a ham, unfortunately I only have a couple of handhelds so I won’t be talking to Anyone in Boston or Canada :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have home made J-pole I have been planning to mount in the garage attic but haven’t gotten around to it.

I am in range of the Wasatch intertie so boise all the way south to st George or east to Evanston I believe. Being the biggest intertie in Utah it’s pretty busy.

My dad and brothers got hams back in the early 90s for communicating it the mountains. Our local repeater has had an auto patch as long as I can remember and on more than 1 occasion we have had to call life flight or SAR for people in distress up in the mountains. I remember as a kid sitting in our living room in Utah listening to the rescue of a vessel somewhere in distress out in the ocean. Kida crazy to hear my dad making contact with people all over the place.

Erik

1 Like

Greeting from Baltimore, MD FM19.

Is this still an active thread? I just stumbled across it