H2O Control? How do you handle it?

So new to this forum, just ordered my PRO, gonna be a long summer waiting for it. I will keep busy prepping the shop for her arrival. (Kinda like setting up a nursery for a new baby). I would love to hear about how YOU keep your air dry. Pictures are always a plus. Thanks, Jsniperjoe

Here is the one that I purchased from HarborFreight.com. Delivered by FedEx. Haven’t had the time to hook it up nor time to assemble my Pro table yet (batch 1). Working too much but based on many good reviews and many CrossFire Pro owners have purchased one I went ahead and bit the bullet while it was on sale and may still be.

Good Luck!

1 Like

There is a link in another post where it is 299.99.

1 Like

If your pockets are over flowing with cash you can buy a electric air dryer or you can build a poor mans air dryer that does the same thing for 1/3 the money and never fails or needs replacement.

1 Like

I was thinking about this approach today, my copper tubing would be in my crawlspace where it’s cool, but the drain valves are inaccessible. Then, it dawned on me that my irrigation system has auto drains to keep the system from having water in it while freezing. I checked the specs and the operating pressure is 80PSI for the auto drains, with a burst pressure of 200PSI. My Plasma cutter had me regulate the pressure down to 80 PSI at the input to the PC so…
I can put auto drains on the drain side of each vertical, no other valves needed and, at night, since I shut off pressure to the Workshop loop anyway, voila! Auto drain and no crawling in the crawlspace!!!
Cool! Now all I need is a sponsor to pay for it!

2 Likes

Aftercooler!

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and while I think I browse marketplace sights, copper is outrageous and I believe I would have close to $150 in material, even for a modest size cooler. I do think they are great and do a good job. I don’t trust PVC, which I’ve seen some made from so as I was thinking and looking I ran across this little beauty. A Parker Domnick Hunter DRD25. Used from a fabrication shop about an hour from me that had out grown it and went bigger. Cleaned it really well, checked it out and it’s working great (knock on wood). So still waiting but I’m getting closer. Best wishes to all and keep cutting!

I used 2 10 foot joints of black pipe with a drain midway and then a Schulz ADS20. I’ve got a motorguard filter at the cutter that is completely dry.

1 Like