Greeting from Georgia!(Home Owners Insurance and Cheap Steel)

Hello Everyone, I’m new to this community I have a Crossfire Pro shipping this week and am very excited. I work as a electrician apprentice by day and sometimes nights, however want to start a small business on the side making signs and art. My parents talked to USAA about insurance and they said if we make a profit they will cancel our policy. Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem running a small business from their home. Also I live in Georgia and the steel supplier I go to charges $178 for a 4x8 sheet of A36 @ 1/8 wondering if this is a good price. You guys seem awesome looking forward to learning alot. Here’s some of the signs Ive done for friends I dont sell them cause their copyrighted.

1 Like

This may not be the answer you are looking for, but I did in fact cancel my home insurance. I own my property free and clear.

Thanks for writing. Wow that’s a big step. I think my parents are gonna have my find a shop once the time to renew the policy happens. So I’ve got three months to get to the point I can afford a shop.

in the wonderful USA where suing people is as frequent as going to church is that wise?
fire destroys house…fire burns half the house…what about liability insurance?..

I have 2 places and my 1st one I payed it out in 2010. I still have full coverage on both. I even increased the liability to 100,000 just in case someone got hurt (with or without my permission) on my property.

It wouldn’t take but one mistake that could burn it down or someone to slip and fall that you once had a free & clear that could take it all. I would differently rethink coverage again. Hopefully you’ll never need to use it but if you do then you won’t lose everything.

So some people are able to run a business and have homeowners? I’m new to this how do I have that conversation with the insurance company?