Gouging in the middle of cut

I was cutting some dragonfly signs yesterday and in the middle of a few of the cuts on the wings the torch would go from cutting to gouging. I was able to pop them out with pliers but it was weird since it did not do it in the same place on the pieces. Other than that the cuts were great. 16ga HR, Razorweld RW45, 35 amps, 90ipm, 75psi, dry air. Using same settings I always use and usually don’t have any problems. Consumables are new.

a couple of questions…
laptop plugged in?
clamp on material or on table?

Laptop plugged in but not a problem with the Razorweld only my Everlast. Clamp on table. I know…

I saw the metal flexing as it cut from the heat. I’m thinking it was losing connectivity as it flexed because some goober leaves the clamp on the table. 🥸

metal is flexing… as I cut 14 gauge at 90ipm…you should be cutting a lot faster to reduce flexing…and the arcing with the clamp on the table…

I would put a sign up preventing Goobers from touching the machine after you get it set up…

I usually have it set at 100ipm for 16ga but slowed it down to 90 to see if speed was the issue. Aren’t you using a magnet instead of a clamp? I’d have to put the sign on my mirror. Leaving stuff alone hasn’t worked for 53 years don’t think I’m gonna start now. :crazy_face:

hahahahahahaha