Gantry Questions

Im just about to insall the water table onto the Xr but before i do i had a couple of questions about the gantry.

First thing is i cannot get all the top rollers to contact the tubes the front ones contact fully byt the rears have a side of the roller that doesn’t. I tried the loosing the gantry beam and letting it settle like what it says in the directions but once i tightened it up im back to the same spot.

The other issue i that when i roll the gantry to the end stop it stits about a inch away from the stops on one side.

Go back and check your dimensions on Y axis width of tubes and gantry to make sure are corect,if too far apart or close the y axis rollers will not sit right on the tubes. If the table is not square the gantry will not be square to table, so will be off on the stops. Did you adjust the stop bolts as indicated on assembly? As far as rollers not touching tubes, make sure that the center supports are not pulling tube down/up when tightening jam nuts on the y axis tubes and make sure that x axis tube is sitting in the machined groves on the gantry up right plates.

I ended up making a jig and finding that the tubes were slightly out, after making adjustments the rollers all sat on the tubes but the gantry is still sitting off the stops like in the picture. My corner to corner measurements of the table are within a millimeter im not at the point where i need to install the stops just yet.

We made sure our frame was square then welded it up. Then as Rat mentioned make a jig of sorts like a large C out of tubing whatever as a spacing gauge to set the X distance on outside of the Y tubes to dial in the stand off threaded supports. look at it and be happy because once it starts doing the magic it will look more shitty when the Y tubes start flaking all the finish off in the V roller contact path.