Gantry Bearings

I am finally getting around to setting up my Crossfire. After setting everything up and leveling the Gantry. I have noticed that 4 or 5 of the gantry bearings are not tight against the tube. Two on the top and most all of the bottom bearings do not touch the tube. Is there a video or instructions on how to adjust the gantry bearings?

Hi, check out this thread: Bearing replacement

If you scroll down to my posts starting on September 24 I describe how to preload the Y axis carriage bearings.

We strive to ensure the bearings are preloaded correctly before they leave our shop but on occasion we either make mistakes or the blocks shift during shipping.

Ok. That worked great. Running the break in now. Thanks!

I noticed the same thing on mine. the majority of the bearings are not actually touching the tube. I have been running it this way and it seems fine. @langmuir-daniel should i tighten my bearing preload on those bearings?

This may be related, The weld seam in the y axis bearing assembly was dragging on the y axis tube bad enough it would stall out my machine. I had to take it apart and file down the weld seam.

Would your machine move fine maybe one trip down then stick heading back? Mine will not make two trips down and back without sticking usually around the center of travel down the Y axis. I have set preload in bearing, miced tubes, checked straightness, checked straightness, everything I can think of and can not cut anything without it sticking in the y axis.

Yes that’s exactly what it was doing. It left a visible groove in the y axis tube. I looked in from the end with a light and could see the weld seem dragging.