G’Day from Canberra, Australia!

Hi Everyone, just purchased a Crossfire with XL expansion and really looking forward to using it once my Plasma Cutter arrives.

I’m based in Canberra, Australia and I’ll be using the Crossfire for my various car projects.

A quick look through the forum reveals this is a pretty friendly place and I look forward to contributing.

Cheers!

Woz

3 Likes

Well hello! Thanks for the info from you. I look forward to seeing your projects you produce on your crossfire.
My table works many hours each day and never 1 problem with it. I’m sure you will be happy with yours. How about a couple pictures of your projects you are working on now.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Woznaldo,

Congrats on your purchase. Fellow Australian Crossfire user (based in/near Geelong). I’ve had mine almost a year and it’s definitely my fa our ore tool in the shed.

Shout out if you want to discuss any thing - happy to help and might be easier having someone in the same time zone!

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the offer, I’ll no doubt take you up on that!

I’m still waiting for my plasma (Jan), but as soon as it’s here I’ll let you know how I get on!

Cheers,

Woz

Hi Piffdog.
I’m in Australia too, and wondering what plasma cutters are compatible. Preferably one that could be just plug and play (I.e not needing any wiring to be done)

Thanks
David

Hi Woznaldo
I’m in Australia too, and wondering what plasma cutters are compatible. Preferably one that could be just plug and play (I.e not needing any wiring to be done)

Thanks
David

Hi David, I use the SWS Speedcut 50. It’s a great little unit and has an internal plug to connect Torch Fire and THC if desired later.

I’m still playing with speeds, but the results are pretty good so far.

There’s a little bit of wiring, but I can easily talk you through it.

Thanks for the info, I’ll look into this brand. How have you found the plasma table. Reliable ? Easy to use ?

Yeah, pretty easy to use. Once you get used to Mach3 and follow the tutorials on YouTube it’s just a matter of fine tuning speeds for material type and thickness.

Hi David. Sorry for the late/no reply. Must have missed it. Looks like Woznaldo has helped you. Wiring is pretty easy - I have a CIG weld and also a Thermal Dynamics cutmaster.

Have found Langmuir product very good. What makes really, really good results tho is the quality of your air, quality of plasma cutter and how you set up the design / gcode file (speed, torch height, start points etc…)

Good luck and I’ll try and keep an eye out for any responses.

Hi guys,
Hope everyone is staying positive and testing negative.
I’m also based in Canberra and just ordered a Crossfire. Any tips for someone new to the machine? I ordered the Plasma 45 off Langmuir on the premise it’ll be best suited with wire lengths etc to get going.
I’ve got my head around Fusion 360 so hopefully plan on utilising that if possible.
Cheers,
Rob

I think your electricity is incompatible with a US 120 volt 60 hertz plasma cutter. Theres a thread on here from another guy from down under who ran into the same problem better check before it ships.

As mentioned above, the different voltage might be an issue? The Crossfire unit twelf has a switchable power supply so you can get it to accept 240vac at 50-60 Hz.

If the Langmuir supplied Plasma has something similar, you’ll be fine. Have a good read of the instructions. If it doesn’t you could still probably find a suitable power supply to fit yourself, or pay someone to fit if you don’t feel comfortable.

What sorts of materials and thicknesses do you plan on cutting?

Woz