Fusion Running slow?

Seems like lately fusion has been running slow for me lately completing actions, such as highlighting items I can run the select tool across and image and then it will sit there almost like not enough ram. My computer should be within fusion requirements, anyone else notice fusion acting different lately? Laptop I’m running is

Yoga7
|Processor|11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)|
1tb HDD

Any window updates lately?

1 Like

Looks like last windows update was on 3/14, possibly could be this. Tonight fusion seemed to be Not bad, gonna have to check on my settings and what is running at the sametime.

2 Likes

i sometimes encounter strange glitches in fusion. cursor wont snap, body wont mirror etc. i have found saving and restarting has resolved it.
also , if you have a very detailed sketch fusion will run slower.
if you can break your sketch up into mulitple bodies it will help a ton.

4 Likes

Good idea, How do you break it up into multiple bodies? :rofl:

What are you working with?
are you designing a sign or art? or are you making the sketch yourself?

1 Like

Bascially it was a turkey, so it has a lot of detail in the Fan to populate and cut. I have noticed a couple different files from fileshare slow fusion down and now that you mentioned a very detailed sketch, it does populate slower with intricate designs.

Yes, fusion tries really hard to recognize all the constraints and every detail to every line, arc, etc…
IF theres multiple parts, or if youre designing something yourself, extruding the sketch into a body and then creating a new sketch on the body will allow fusion to run much better.

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind, thanks!

Heres an example of the current project im working with.
it would be a little more tricky with art peices or files that youre importing.
but for future refrence, sketch-extrude into bodies allows fusion to relax.

1 Like

That makes sense, definitely helps to make is a bit more organized as well