Fusion 360 wont generate toolpath

hi there, so last couple days ive had no luck generating a tool path. finally figured out to change setting to roll around corners, but now it just gets stuck at any were from 9% to 94% but will not finish. any idea how to fix this, thanks.

1 Like

Seems I remember this happening as a function of not EXTRUDING the part before trying to generate paths… Give it a shot… Extrude//Save//Re-open and try it that way if you haven’t… Let us know how it goes pls…

I had a toolpath issue for a few months. I wanted to build the laptop holder that attaches to the table leg. It was already designed, but the toolpath never finished. I worked and worked, documented a checklist, and about a week ago went back to Fusion for another try. The solution was simple; each and every separate piece in the drawing needs a starting point for the torch. I had been selecting only one spot to start cutting the project. I kept thinking that there were too many parts for the free version. I hope this helps someone. Today is garage day, and I expect to cut out the laptop stand. I think there is enough sheet metal out there:) At least we don’t have snow today, and the torpedo heater is working.

Gotta love those garage days!! Especially when you have heat in the winter!! Have fun!!

KX9M If you were commenting to me (Bob), a torpedo heater makes my garage livable in the winter. The heater only runs about every 30 to 40 minutes.

1 Like

I’m having a similar problem. I get 98.6% finished and it stalls there. I have an extruded part .125 and it has a lot of lettering. It was designed in Inkscape and imported into Fusion as an SVG I tried as a DXF and that was worse. Also do you know why all of my Inkscape designs chance size when imported into Fusion? I’ll share this as a new thread but it seems like your solution might help me too.

Break it into more than one toolpath. For instance create a toolpath for your outside contour cut. Maybe one for any non-lettering features. Then one for the letters. There’s a lot of math involved in doing toolpaths for any decorative font and that seems to hang up Fusion. Make sure all toolpaths are defined in the same Setup and generate the Setup - it will do each toolpath. This also allows you to change lead-ins/outs on your cuts as well as make no offset cuts for your lines that aren’t part of a cut out shape.

Likely an issue with DPIbsettings. Inkscape has used 72dpi (pretty common for print applications), then moved to 92dpi and is currently at 96dpi by default with version 1.x Check Fusion to see what it’s expecting and either change that to match Inkscape or change Inkscape to match Fusion. It’s a preferences setting.

Likely an issue with DPIbsettings. Inkscape has used 72dpi (pretty common for print applications), then moved to 92dpi and is currently at 96dpi by default with version 1.x Check Fusion to see what it’s expecting and either change that to match Inkscape or change Inkscape to match Fusion. It’s a preferences setting.

That’s about the best posible cause I can think of. I spent years working in photoshop and know something about this. I’m not seeing a way to change that setting but I’ll spend some time Googling it. Thanks for the replies.