Fusion 360 Where do my saved Files go?

I’m just using the free version of Fusion 360. When I save a file I cant find it on my computer. I’m guessing the file probably gets saved on the cloud somewhere. Is this correct? I would prefer my files be on my computer. I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth spending the time to learn Fusion 360 or just go with a different program such as Inkscape. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

@stevew Welcome to The Forum.

by default your files do not save to your hard drive using using Fusion 360.

If you want to save files to your hard drive there is an option or you can export a f3d file.

Ultimately this really depends on what work you’re trying to do.

I try to use Fusion 360 for as many aspects of the workflow as I can.

But any type of design software that can produce a DXF or a SVG file is suitable in combination with sheetCAM.

2 Likes

It’s not easy at first to move around in fusion but stick with it. Once you start figuring it out all the time will be worth it.

2 Likes

One big advantage to F360 is being able to do CAD and CAM in the same program. So easy to jump back and forth to make design changes when you have problems creating a toolpath due to some geometry limitation like narrow letters. Just one click and you’re back in Design mode, make a change, and then regenerate the toolpath. To me, that is an awesome aspect.

BTW, that free version will take you a long way. Stick with it until you know why you would need more advanced features.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it!