Fusion 360 Tool Library Post Processor Settings

I just spent a couple of hours creating a large tool library with different types of metal, amps, cut heights, pierce delays, and metal thickness. I did all this in hope it would save me some steps during the process. The only thing that really seems to transfer during the Post process is the cut speed. Am I crazy or do I still have to manually input cut height, pierce height, and pierce delay manually for each NC Post? That doesn’t seem like it’s very useful. Is there a setting I’m missing that would allow those settings to transfer to my post as well?

There will be a user default, but if you do a bunch of different thicknesses where you will need to change the pierce delay, pierce and cut height then yes.

That being said, it really does not take that long when you post.

1 Like

Appreciate it and you’re right. It really doesn’t take much time in the post process. That said, I guess time’s not so much the problem. I’m more concerned with having to keep the cheat sheet handy to remember all the parameters for each different cut profile. It would be nice if Fusion would transfer the tool settings into the post process to eliminate that especially considering it’s already been entered in the tool library. It won’t be that big of a deal on the most common material I cut since I’ll have those memorized but, it would be nice.

1 Like

Had another response going and thought I would check myself. I have not looked at the tool library for a while and just noticed that you are absolutely right, F360 should be picking up that info from the tool library.

@TinWhisperer - any thoughts on this?

Yes . This is less of a Fusion problem and more of a post processor problem

This is what you want to happen ( Pictured Below )

Here is a link to the Autodesk forum where I started a discussion about it so time ago.

Having a modified or update post processor is the solution.

Check out this topic from @holla2040 working on a modified post processor.

1 Like