Fusion 360 inserting canvas help

I need some help with something I have done a lot of and now it wont work. I don’t know if Fusion 360 is having problems or if the process has just been changed. When inserting a canvas to help me hand draw a part it now automatically finishes the sketch for some reason, which isn’t a big deal except when I select edit sketch the inserted picture disappears as well as well as the canvas tab from the menu on the left. This has only just started happening. It worked just fine a couple weeks ago. I have tried several different was to try and get it to work with no success. any help would apricated. Thanks.

check out where the canvas was inserted in the history timeline ( bottom left).

if the canvas was inserted after the sketch in timeline when you edit the sketch the canvas is not there because it does not exist yet.

maybe that is what is happening

1 Like

The image is before the time line(black line). Also if I finish the sketch it all comes back.

Link to file let’s have a look.

You’ll have to tell me how to do that.

This is the DXF file. If this works.
JeremyFlangeS261.dxf (4.0 KB)

Also, I have started a couple new sketches to test it and it happens on them as well.

Will the DXF work?

*.F3D of the fail file would be preferable then I might be able to pinpoint why it’s happening in fusion

Ok, How do I get that and send it to you.

Ok, I think I figured it out.
Jeremy Flange S261 v7.f3d (2.8 MB)

Cool thanks I’m out for the afternoon I’m back to my computer later. I’m sure we can figure out what’s going on

Thanks, I hope so.

I am going to take a look at this issue on this live stream. it will be available for 7 days afterwards.

5:15 am mst

I’ll be on discord during the recording too.

the timeline order in this case seemed to be the issue

Thanks for the video, that was awesome. I will try it when I get home from work. I still don’t know what changed because I have done that in the past and it always worked fine. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.