Fusion 360 cutting offset (solved)

I had purchased a dxf file to cut an armor bumper for a 4runner im working on. while i can make and save a file to cut on the machine, i noticed in the cutting sim on fusion that it will cut my part slightly larger as the cut is offset. i need exact cuts as i have to bend and weld it together and if its off, the bent sections wont line up.

Can someone help me turn off the offset function if there is one?
i dont know how the use sheetcam or else i would.

Can you upload f3d file?

I don’t use Fusion, but I’m pretty sure you need to set the compensation to center if you want no offset.

@Gasquatch welcome to the forums!:tada:

My guess is the simulation is not showing you the reality of what you’re actually going to cut.

If you have a 1-in nozzle diameter in your tool set it will use that as your simulation instead of your kerf width.

A recent update infusions 360 did this.

I found that it has not affected my NC files.

Try to change the nozzle diameter to the same size as the kerf width in your tool set. Then retry the simulation.

And once you posted some more you can post a f3d file like @Knick said.

Or in the data panel infusion you can right click on your project file and share a public link which will give me ( and anyone else with the link) the ability to download your f3d. Post the link here if you want.

There is a setback feature in Fusion 360 and you can have a positive or negative setback? I’ve only used it a handful of times.

2 Likes

At the 1 hour mark I talk about what I think is the cause of your issue.

1H1:30M

1 Like

thanks for all the feedback guys, i figured out that the offset was the kerf width. still learning here

4 Likes