Funny tool gifs and pictures

I cracked up when I saw this picture. I’m sure you guys have lots of them.

4 Likes

that hurts…I am a Ryobi guy…
although they are not as tough or as powerful as some of the big names like Milwawkee…Dewalt…Makita
they are one of the best all around tools out there for the average guy and home handyman.

they are one company that has used the same battery config for all their tools for close to 15 years…fo all their tools!
then they make the most versatile outdoor tools that all use either the standard power tool or the 40v battery…
and I even have trimmer heads and blower heads from 10 years ago that fit the newer 40 setups.

find me one company like that…none…

still a funny picture though

3 Likes

How cold up there in Canadia?
It’s going down to 9°here in Chattanooga tomorrow. 6 inches of snow tonight, they say.

I’m 75/25 Ryobi/Milwaukee. As an average guy I don’t find much difference. I did just buy a hammer drill in Red :slightly_smiling_face: It was on special with 3 5AH batteries so hard to pick the Ryobi one instead.

3 Likes

I’ve heard it’s been pretty cold back that way. How often do you get cold like that? It was getting a little on the cold side here till we finally got some good snow patterns comming through. Our resort has gotten 58” of snow in the past 10 days! We have had highs in the 20s and lows in the single digits.

1 Like

Two days ago, we were at 6 degrees. We have lived here since 1985 and I have never seen it that cold. Must be global…I won’t finish that statement! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Like minds (very funny picture): You guys are on the same wavelength:

Fun fact on temperature: -40 degrees is the same temperature whether in Fahrenheit or Celsius.

1 Like

Well we got pretty close to that this last week in North Idaho. I think it’s warmed up to single digits today

2 Likes

We closed the Marina early today due to 3 inches of snow. I saw about ten accidents on my trip home. People in Chattanooga can’t drive in snow. It is going down to 16° tonight. Tennessee homes are not built for this. And they don’t plow just put down brine. Tomorrow’s trip to work should be a 4-wheel drive-only nightmare.

2 Likes

Yuck! That is what they did (maybe still do) in Oklahoma City.

Here is how Jan 12 morning looked here. This is nothing compared to what you people in “snow” country have but this is rare for us. The snow has gradually shrunk from this point. Forecast is more snow tomorrow evening. She photo-bombs nearly every time I take a picture. :rofl: Now if I were to ask her to pose or “stay” she would act like I was mistreating her!

4 Likes

Don’t you live out on the sound or something? And you got actual snow that stuck around? We hardly got any snow before the temps plummeted. That IS rare for your neighborhood

She makes it very clear that she is ‘on point’ to check out ANY scene you’re interested in. Of course, part of that is making sure YOU see her doing it! Yeah. Good Dog.

I remember her checking out your welding job on those back up lights for the trailor. She was on top of it!

The Boss.

1 Like

I feel like this could have been what you might get if somebody asked AI for “a picture of true betrayal”. :rofl:

Anyway, I DID understand the assignment, so here’s one:

6 Likes

Here is my go-to hammer.

6 Likes

Perfectly acceptable. Works great, readily available, tolerates the abuse.

Plus, no one comes up and says “Hey, can I borrow your hammer for a sec?”

2 Likes

My brother used my best pair as a “live voltage tester.” He cut a piece of 12-2 wire and turned it into a wire stripper. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

What the heck was he cutting live wires with a hammer for? I am going nuts here at home. It is still 2° degrees this morning.
Up to 21 at noon. It’s making me more of an old curmudgeon. Mrs. Bigdaddy loves it.

4 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

True story: I worked one summer as a group leader with YCC (Youth Conservation Corps) at Eielson Air Force Base near Fairbanks, Alaska. I was 19 y.o. at the time.

Julie, one of the group leaders, with no common sense and no understanding of tools, was given the task of putting up barricade post and rails using old railroad ties. It was to become the entrance of a new par course trail. I was told in the evening that my crew needed to go “fix” everything that Julie’s crew had done over the last 2 days.

I went out there and found that it looked like a drunken sailor, no disrespect to sailor’s intended, had set all the posts at different heights. The rails went up and down with no set pattern. We made them all level by resetting all the posts, since cutting the creosote railroad ties is a miserable task. It looked so much better.

Later that evening I asked Julie “Did you use a level?” She said with her Pollyanna attitude “Oh yes! Everything was within ‘half bubble’! It must have changed after we left.” :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

We are back to our more typical 37 degrees and rain. The forecast is for “rain” and then “rain likely” for the next 6 days. This is when the stability of our trees become precarious. Big trees fall down and pull the root ball right off the ground. That is when you realize many of the roots for these big trees don’t go any deeper than a few foot because moisture is so readily available near the surface. :grimacing:

4 Likes