FIXED - New Install - Y axis traveling in the wrong direction (solved, wrong location for limit switch)

I use gravity and it works just fine…feeding the filter with 3/4" line slows things down and catches a lot of fines…and who cares how long it takes to drain…mine drains in around 5 minutes…

as a hobby the air dryer system you picked should be good…depending on your compressor size…small compressor hot moist air…if you do not want to get a bigger compressor…think about adding a spare tank after your main compressor before your drying system to help cool down the air and keep reserve air…

2 Likes

I have one of those floor standing 60 gal air compressors. So looks like I should be good for now. Thanks again.

And to close the thread, why not share a video doing the break-in program!! Woohoo!!!

Search this forum for Laser Aligners, you’ll see a number of different implementations.

1 Like

congratulations and well done…I will help one last time by marking this thread complete for you.

1 Like

Do you have a wide doorway to get table out of the house???

1 Like

This is a similar build approach as:

1 Like

Now, THAT would be funny!! :rofl:

But yes, I have the sliding door on the back and double doors on the front. We are between houses. Moving from Orlando, FL to Ocala, FL… So I get some leeway from my wife to do this while we finish the move.

They are also building me a small workshop in the backyard (should be done by the end of the month). So the plan is to move the table directly to the new workshop when the building is finished.

We will not finish moving to Ocala until some time in December…

2 Likes

You have a patient wife for sure!! I had you pegged for a single guy when I saw that thing setup in the house! :rofl:

3 Likes

I cant even have a dog let alone in the house! :rofl:

3 Likes

Well, you have to admit, TWO dogs is a bit much… :rofl:

4 Likes

It would be more like one Dog and one large child!

2 Likes

Wachuko, I too have a 60 gal compressor. Up here in MN we tend to get a little humid in the summer too. I have a similar rig for drying the air for my table. However… I still had a bit more moisture than I liked.
I installed an intercooler on my compressor, man what a difference that made.
I used a Derale 15300 Tube and Fin Cooler Core for mine. I didn’t install a fan for it, just put it in front of the pulley/fan on the compressor head. The AN fittings cost almost as much as the cooler! Still way cheaper than the Hayden unit (great cooler though).
My head outlet temp is a bit over 200 deg F, that will hold a lot of moisture for sure. After installing the cooler, a water seperator w auto drain and a Harbor Freight auto tank drain valve the air temp going into the tank is slightly above ambient!
Amazing how much water gets pulled out…
Advantage to this setup is I now have really dry air for the plasma table, the desiccant beads raely need attention now. Bonus is all the air in the garage is dry too! No more air tools spitting at you.

2 Likes

I would like to do the same. I have to wait until the workshop is done… Right now the garage in the new house is a frigging mess…

But thank you for confirming that it works! :+1:

How much did installing the after cooler affect your cycle times?

To be honest, I didn’t notice any change in cycle time. The pressure blow off when the compressor reaches set pressure is longer due to the added lines and the intercooler but that’s about it.
I’ve seen discussions on increased head pressure when using an intercooler but that makes no sense as the set pressure stays the same.

1 Like

I used to have mine like that as well. I never really noticed a time difference until I put a timer on it.

Phillipw
Probably no difference as all the tubing in the cooler and added lines are equal to or larger than the original that went from the compressor head to the tank.
By “put a timer on it” do you mean timing the cycle time w a stop watch or a timer for kicking the compressor on?
You do have me curious though but not curious enough to pull off the intercooler and do some timing tests! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry didn’t mean to confuse you. I used a stopwatch. With the after cooler I had close to 5 minute cycles to charge 140 gallon tank. Without it it was near half that. I checked pulley rpm on compressor with no difference. That meant I was bypassing in the head or through the rings… so I removed it. I decided it will do the same thing post tank.

3 Likes

Found a few videos on installing the cooler to the air compressor. Seems simple enough. I will get the Derale 15300 Tube and Fin Cooler Core since it is less expensive and I need to buy two.

My brother gave me an air compressor that I am using in the new house… and I still have the one in the old house (both 60 gallon tanks) that I need to bring over. One for the main garage, the other one for the detached garage.

And yes, I will get automatic water separators for both setups.

Thank you all again for the ideas/suggestions.

1 Like

I ve seen discussions talking about a Back Pressure increase.

The negative effects of back pressure are:

Reduced Air Flow

Increased Energy Consumption

Overheating of the pump

Reduced Efficiency

Cavitation

Excessive Strain on the pump.

2 Likes