First time making a sign in fusion 360

any help would be great!! I made a sign in design with stencil font. do I need to remove construction lines before moving to manufacturing and making a tool path? I have three lines of type and loose them when trim them off and it doesn’t recognize the font when creating a tool path with construction lines. can someone please walk me thru this.

Construction lines are usually ignored.

that’s what I thought. its a very basic sign I hope someone can walk me thru it. what I’ve been doing just to cut is down loading signs off the internet. thanks

Did you explode your text?If you use the text tool in fusion you have to create your text then select explode text in the dropdown.

Yes I did thank you for your response. I know notice it won’t recognize the font. I need to find a stencil that it will. Any suggestions?

The stencil font in fusion works fine it seems. I just tried it.

The steps I made were:

In a new drawing I made a sketch on the front plane.

Selected create text and clicked a start point in the sketch.

Typed out something clever like … TEST .

Got the font, size and orientation set with the tools on the screen clicked ok, Text is all blue.

Right clicked on the blue and selected explode text from the pop up. Then finished sketch when all the blue was gone.

Went to the manufacture screen. create a new set up selected the edge of a letter for “Model” it will select the whole sketch for you. selected the required parameter in the rest of the setup dialog.

Picked cutting / 2D profile, select tool ect … in the second tab you can select all the bits and pieces that make up your text. once you have all the settings for the cut done it should be able to be simulated no problem.

1 Like

Tried it again. It’s giving me warnings
It’s saying. Could not retrieve the profiles of the selected text. That’s why I believe it the stencil font I installed in windows. I need a good stencil font. Any suggestions for a good stencil font would be great. Where did you get yours?

I double checked and there are 2 Stencil fonts on my system. Stencil and stencil std. looks like stencil is a windows native font and stencil std is an adobe one. The adobe one gives me the error your talking about when trying to explode the text. The windows native fonts seems to work.

Stencilstd.otf doesn’t work.
Stencil.ttf works fine. This font also from windows 7 but I think it’s also in office.

I have windows ten and it doesn’t have that. But you sent me in the rite direction when you gave me stencil.ttf
I googled that and it took me to Dafont.com
I found two that I liked and made sure they had that profile. All good now. Thank you very much for helping.

2 Likes