First CNC project, any tips appreciated!

i use the razorweld 45 also and when dealing with small holes and curves what i found that has saved me a ton of grief is feed optimization. Work on your feed optimization and then tune your tool kerf to the lower speed to compensate. I still have some dross issues but it is not nearly as aggressive as before and now my holes and small geometry curves are coming out glorious.

Here is another thing that will help tremendously. Fine cut consumables for the hypertherm duramax 30 xp (Use that manual to order fine cut consumable including cup and sheild to convert). best mod ive made to my torch. i will not go back. For 16 guage i am running at 30 amp with fine cut at 95 - 110 IPM and in feed optimization i run 44 IPM and my kerf comes out to 0.028" in my setting i set it to 0.031 to compensate for holes. Our torch does not perform well using hypertherm cut charts so we are on our own in this, but when you figure out the feed optimization settings for small holes you will be golden. I am going to search for the article i read about how it is necessary to slow way down around curves and the reason why it matters.

Also it bears mentioning that everything that i have used THC on has been a nightmare for dimensional accuracy. i no longer use the THC with my razorcut 45. it trashes everything i try to do so ive disabled it altogether.

ok, here it is! this was pure magic for me…