First Attempt with Text

Not sure if this should be in CAD or CAM section move if needed please.

I am going to use the cut letters and will be mounting them on wood.
Let me know what mistakes I have made please
Address Sign v1.f3d (220.0 KB)

1 Like

I’m out in the real world in the cold for the day but I’ll definitely add that to my lists of things to look at when I get back to the computer.

I also do intend on doing a live stream that covers the 2D profile menu like your requested. I’ve been doing some research and just keep learning more and more about the cam environment so it might take me a couple days to figure out where I’m at again.

1 Like

Take your time, I am never in a hurry unless I say so. On this one I thought I would put it out there for everyone. You are always much faster on my questions then I ever expect!

1 Like

Address Sign v1 tin forum toolpath switch.f3d (219.9 KB)

I only switched the order of the toolpaths.

Looks good otherwise

yours is the last of 3 topics I cover on this stream

2 Likes

What problem did you have with it? I just watched the simulation and it made all the cuts. Only thing is maybe you want to make the perimeter cut last instead of first.

3 Likes

Sorry, TW’s reply was before mine. Disregard.

1 Like

@Wsidr1 don’t worry about me.

1 Like

Thank you as always, couple of questions

Ok so the notches your talking about are from the lead ins? I will switch them to .060 radius and see how it comes out.

One I was wondering when going to manufacture space the colors got weird and lines were hard to see.
Are those colors a setting some where I can change them to something that’s more easy on the eyes?

When do these live streams happen and can I tune in?

With artsy stuff I usually go a .02 or a .03 lead in radius.
I’ll do a 60° lead in angle unless I need to fit it into a slot or similar shaved geometry then I’ll go less of an angle.
And I do a lead in around .05.

There’s a few different places where you can change settings but the user view settings are changed with that small set of tools in the center on the bottom of your screen but still above the history timeline.

I don’t have a regular schedule I just started doing it about a week ago. I have been streaming mostly in the morning about 4: 00am mountain standard Time. I tried to post on here to give people a small warning that I’m going to start if I know I have time to start one. We’ll see how it goes I may set myself up with the regular schedule.

Here’s the topic I started for streaming

1 Like

You can go back and watch any of the streams he has done. Just look for the video play arrow.
here is the one from this thread.

Or if you see Tin’s Avatar in a post just left click on his avatar and it will give you the option to see what he has contributed to the topic like this.

2 Likes