Twitch (and youtube) Live Streams CAD CAM

I started a live stream channel on Twitch.

I hope to use this for CAD and CAM walkthrough sinstead of the screenshot walkthroughs I have been doing.

I made a test Stream this morning , seems to work.

Once I get this broadcasting software figured out I hope to stream on YouTube and twitch at the same time. After the live stream the video will be host for 14 days on twitch and hopefully forever on the YouTube channel.

This first video is a little clumsy but it seem to be a great way of proving F360 help.

73b321d2e86b5cee46e1aa3f6538bd02355edacf_2_666x500
3bfb32d9bb9066e875b4418eecaaec7e5df53c54_2_666x500

Some of the links below may have expired live streams are only available on twitch for 7 days. If there’s a topic below that catches your eye but the video has expired let me know and I’ll upload it to YouTube for you.

6 Likes

so…you are bored these days or what?
:eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

I’m always bored that’s the problem I keep collecting projects. Lol.

Truthfully I think it’ll save me time because doing screenshot walkthroughs of CAD problems is very time consuming and if I can just hop online hit a couple buttons to be live broadcasting I can do something more in depth for the person I’m trying to help and it’ll be less work for me.

I will also live broadcast when I’m doing stuff for myself or my clients and people can just watch along if they want.

3 Likes

Also for people like me who are visual learners and when reading written instructions can kind of look like gobbledygook for the first 20 times you read it, this will be super helpful.

2 Likes

I had this idea a while back but didn’t want to commit to it. I’m curious to see how it goes!

1 Like

A quick CAD and CAM i need in the shop today

Edit . in the tool setup I meant power is normally referred to as Watts when in context of electricity . Volt x amps.
When fusion asks for a power they mean amps for plasma cutting.

power input

3 Likes

I enjoyed the video, keep them coming.

I was designing a shelf for my plasma cutter last night… well I designed it a couple months ago and decided to add some tabs for spot welds and change the material from 14 ga. to 16 ga. simply because I have a bunch of remnant 16 ga on hand. At some point while editing the shelf I lost the ability to create a flat pattern. I get an error that says there is an issue with one of the bodies. When changing sheet metal rules is it as simple as changing the rule and the program updates the bodies and bends ect. for the thinner material or did I cause a problem when I changed the rule from 14 ga. to 16? The only other thing I can think is adding the tabs created an issue somehow?

I am going to mess with it some more tonight and see if I can figure it out. Otherwise, I will try starting from scratch… It might be faster to do that anyway… it’s just bugging me I can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Thanks I’m starting to be a little bit more comfortable doing them.

Sheet metal bodies can be finicky. I feel it’s best practice to retry your flat pattern after most changes. Because it’s easy to have some mystery element mess it up and it’s sometimes quite a bit of backtracking to fix it.

All these different elements could have been the trigger to fail the flat pattern. The real answer is it depends a lot on what’s going on with the geometry in the design. If Fusion feels that any change that was made now does not comply to the sheet metal rules it’ll fail the flat pattern.

I know you mean some of those kind of things haunt me. If you get to a point you want to share your f3d file I could take a look.

2 Likes

New live from this morning.

Some 1/4" plate post and beam brackets .

I use the

Sheet Metal Tools

Nesting

CAM

IMG_20221022_040042

IMG_20221022_040101
IMG_20221022_040038
IMG_20221022_040044
IMG_20221022_040040

:arrow_double_up:Check out this link to a 3D model of the design :arrow_double_up:

Edit: I may narrow the slots, single line perhaps? Update: no single line does not work . a minimum slot width of half your material thickness plus a whisker.

1 Like

A note. Once you enter the 3D model you can toggle between the design and CAM workspaces

1 Like

Here is the tree panels cut out from the first video.

3 Likes

Here is another in regards to this topic

This covers creating templates for different 2D profiles in the cam section. It also touches on the generation button which regenerates all the tool paths that need to be updated for a specific setup.

Here is the rerun @TortillaMan

2 Likes

Thanks for all the effort. You’re drastically flattening the learning curve for a lot of us.

I may be the only one, but the volume is pretty low even with my PC volume all the way up.

You are Welcome and Thank you for the feed back. The volume is low. Still getting use to this software. I’ll jack it up for the next video.

Awesome that is what I am trying to accomplish. Also I keep learning a ton doing these walkthroughs and solving issues.

These twitch video are not polished but I can get a thought out quickly without having to screen shot and type a bunch. This format seems to be saving me time.

1 Like

So after messing with this shelf some more last night(for longer then I would like to admit) I got the flat pattern to work but I am having issues with unfold.

The flat pattern works with the flanges in direct contact but I cant get it to unfold as you did in your bracket video,

I wanted to do some bend relief cuts like you did in the bracket video because I am going to have to do the bends by hand or with an improvised “bending brake”, I made out of some scrap I had lying around that I clamp to my welding table.

The only way I can get it to unfold is if I have a gap the thickness of the material between my tabs and the adjacent flange.

So I guess my question is… is this gap it is showing normal and required or am I fouling the unfold feature with some mistake I have made along the way. I have tried all sorts of different ways to make this work folded it multiple different directions used every different type of flange tool and rule that I could think of.

1 Like

It looks like maybe when you did your flange you selected a outside offset instead of a center or inside offset.

Go back in your history and check that flange.

Post your f3d and I can take a look at it.

1 Like

I can get the flanges to make contact using different offsets. I just can’t get it to unfold when I do that.

I tried all of them, inside, outside …upside down…

Okay… I have officially been reading to many kids books at night. :wink:
Plasma Shelf v2 v5.f3d (1.5 MB)

3 Likes

I’m at work for a while yet I just happened to be home a few minutes ago to use the computer.

I’m sure we can find the error and we’ll both learn something from it

1 Like

I am starting a live stream now.

We are going to be working through @72Pony 's sheet metal shelf flat pattern issue.

1 Like

Here is the finished result.

Plasma Shelf v2 v5 tin.f3d (1.6 MB)

At the 14 minute mark I get into the meat of the solution But you may want to watch the whole video for context.

1 Like