Firmware update reverting?

I’ve had this happen multiple times now. After powering up the pc and machine I get a message to “Update Machine” and everything goes through smoothly and firmware 1.4 is installed and detected on the machine. Then when I powered the machine up the following day I got another message and thought “wow those guys are pumping out updates” and let it go through. The machine was back at 1.3. Two days later I power it up and get offered the 1.4 firmware again and let it install, once again it went through without a hitch and today again when I powered it up at lunch for a quick program upload I had another “update” message. I’m not about to let it downgrade back to 1.3 if that’s what it’s trying to do.
Any thoughts?

I think this may have happened to me but I wasn’t paying attention to it. Seems like cut control constantly wants updating. I’ll have to pay more attention to the firmware version next time.

1 Like

Ok, so mine was reverting. Something about the windows settings was causing weird stuff to happen. I discovered something was wrong when I tried to change my screen orientation (I really want cut control in portrait mode like a proper cnc). When I tried to access my display properties I got an error message “no app associated with ms-display settings”.

I’m not sure what caused it. It caused all of the setting menus to be inaccessible, start button did nothing. Through the task manager I was able to open a command prompt and run the system file checker tool (SFC /scannow) and that fixed it.

Not really sure how or why it happened but it’s working now. Both windows and cut control are updating properly now.

2 Likes

I got a notification for a bunch of windows updates and let them go through the other evening. So far the Firmware update notification has not come back yet, so maybe it’s tied to the windows updates or version somehow.

1 Like

Dan, were you subsequently able to use the screen in portrait mode? If so, can you post a picture of the screen layout? Are you satisfied with the result? Thank you…. Joel

Just an update to the topic, the “Update Firmware” button popped back up yesterday.
So the Windows updates did not fix whatever is causing the loop.

It’s not really usable in portrait mode because nothings scaled correctly. I posted about it here: FAQ: The Request/Bug Thread - #11 by malaxtom

1 Like