Fireshare program

Hey Guys setting here in the shop just done the dry fire test it went great. So sents i know enough about fusion 360 and Inkscape to get me in trouble I thought i would download a cut ready file from fireshare but having trouble getting it into fire control to run the torch. Does anybody know what i’m doing wrong?

Nine times out of 10 this is cuz people try to directly load the file into fire control instead of unzipping it first.

Make sure you unzip the file and then you’ll have the proper format file for fire control to recognize.

1 Like

Ok thanks but this is what im getting

Right click and extract that zip file.

Until you extract that zip file it is still contained within the zip file.

You want to free the NC file from the zip file by extracting it

1 Like

Thanks for your help, may i ask what is a NC program?

To many choices witch one of these choices from the library do i need to put in the NC program settings

I believe NC stands for numeric control and it’s the type of file that fire control uses to navigate the plasma torch around the table.

That’s Fusion 360 not fire control and if you’re looking for the post processor file it’s a *.PST file which can be downloaded here.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/downloads

The post processor is what takes your tool paths and creates a proper NC file from them.

2 Likes

You can’t click on files to open them for cutting. You have to be in Firecontrol and click on the upload button. Then navigate to that file and open it with Firecontrol.

Click on the up arrow circled in this picture.

2 Likes