Firecontrol not working on my HP

hello there,

I am still trying to get my Crossfire Pro working. I have installed FireControl onto my HP laptop and it doesn’t have any files attached to it to test out the table. I went onto CUT with FireControl Langmuir and when i do download files they all say it’s for the MACH and i don’t have that. I even tried downloading the break in program for the pro but it won’t hook up to it. I don’t know what to do here and need help ASAP because i have been trying to get ahold of someone and no one is helping me at Langmuir.

Cut ready files from Fireshare are zip files that must be unzipped so that you can access the .nc or .tap g code files.

Once you have unzipped them, open Firecontrol and click the up arrow button next to where it says " load program". Then navigate to the file where your downloaded g code file is(probably in downloads) and click on the .nc or .tap file to select it and hit ok.

2 Likes

I have tried downloading g files from different sites and won’t open in Firecontrol that’s my things. And the ones I am able to open through firecontrol tells me it’s for a MACH
That’s the issue I am having to run my Langmuir

Did you UNZIP the files before trying to use them?

The files you downloaded are a zip file.A zip file is a compressed version of the original file. You need to decompress the file or unzip it to have it function normally.

I think any file that firecontrol doesn’t recognize it calls it a Mach 3 file. @ds690 can correct me if I’m wrong on that.

1 Like

You are correct. Any time someone tries to open a file other than a Firecontrol file, it gives that Mach 3 error.

Firecontrol won’t run any files that were not specifically post processed to work on Firecontrol. You cannot load DXF files or any other G code files into Firecontrol.

Fireshare has “cut ready” files that could possibly be from a machine with Mach 3, a Firecontrol machine with no Z axis or a Firecontrol machine with a Z axis. You have to pay attention to the type of machine that the file was created for. If they don’t match your machine, they won’t work.

I made a loom video of how to extract the Zip files. The file in the video doesn’t have any G code files in it, but it shows how to extract them. Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Edit; You also have to make sure the Fireshare file says “cut ready” on it. Otherwise it is just a DXF or SVG file that needs to be post processed with Fusion or Sheetcam to make it work in Firecontrol.

1 Like

Hi Derrick,

You’ve reached out to us previously with a question about THC, but not this issue - the folks on the forum are extraordinarily helpful, and if you reach out to our support email we’d be happy to help you there as well! support@langmuirsystems.com

1 Like