Firecontrol loading my first cut

I just tried to load my first file. My screen is blurred out and I have a Validating program. Please wait… message. The file is small, (6 nested bottle openers from tutorial). I have been waiting awhile, over 30 minutes, Do I abort and if so how? Could it be my computer is not powerful enough?

Click the load file/gcode button and reload file and see if it’s the same result. Or if you have another file try it. May have to X out and restart firecontrol.

1 Like

I am also having this issue. Tried reloading the program and reloading the code and it was still the same problem. Anyone have a solution?

Likely an issue with the G code, Post it here and I will take a look.

Post a screenshot of your FireControl screen as well.

Is the machine fully connected?
Can you jog the machine?
Do you see the DRO values update?

Did you ever resolve this issue? I’m having the same problem right now.

EDIT: Actually I’m able to load my first cut (g-code file) but when I go and click on “dryrun” that is when I get the constant loading of “Validating program. Please wait…” and it stays that way, hasn’t changed in over 30 minutes.

I also noticed when the g-code loaded it doesn’t show the preview of the toolpath in the visualizer window. Once I clicked on “Fit” thinking it might magically bring it to view I had an error message pop up, which I’ve already reported via the report this error button.

My current screen looks like this after hitting “Dry Run”

Can you share your Gcode? Its possible there is an issue there.

Is your computer compatible with OpenGL 3.0? Not seeing the visualizer is a sign it may not be.

i have a new crossfire xl . the only program i can run is the break in . when i load a different program in i get an error can not load program no feed rate found . machine is v 1.2ls running v 1.6 fire control 20.6.2