FireControl leaves torch on during rapid

My setup:

Langmuir Crossfire Pro w/ THC
RazorWeld Cut45
FireControl V21.1.5 (Update says it’s latest)
CAD: QCad saving to DXF
CAM: SheetCam TNG 7.0.21

I’ve had this on 1/8" and 3/16" material where the preview in Sheetcam and what’s drawn on Firecontrol shows cuts and then rapids. Occasionally and seemingly on bigger files it will not turn off the torch before a rapid move across the part.

I did some searches but didn’t see anything similar. Am I the only one with this? It seems random. I didn’t try cutting this again as I’m not excited to wipe out otherwise good 3/16" steel. Over the past year, I’ve had it happen probably a half dozen times.

Is your plasma in 4t mode? That will do it.

1 Like

It’s definitely not Firecontrol. Your plasma cutter must be on 4t.

You want the setting with one arrow pointing up and one pointing down.

1 Like

I will verify tonight.

That would cause it to only happen once in a while? I’m not a power user cutting hours at a time, but I have a fair amount of time with the setup and it only happens occasionally.

You could accidentally hit the button maybe… another possibility would be the relay being lazy or sticking in the in position. Most common is the 2t 4t button.

If you have it in 4t, it could cut some loops at low power and skip some, depending on how many cuts per piece.

If you had a Titanium plasma cutter, I would say it’s the plasma cutter shutting off late. I haven’t heard of any cases of razorweld machines doing this.

Is it cutting on the full rapid or just a short cut?

1 Like

I just checked my machine, and it was in the lower position; so not in 4T. I’ll keep an eye to make sure it stays that.

Appreciate the quick feedback. If it happens again I’ll be sure to make sure I monitor that led.

Is it cutting on the full rapid or just a short cut?

It was staying on the full rapid.

The lower position IS 4T mode. You really should read this:

4 Likes

Sorry for misleading language. Previously the lower LED was lit, being the wrong one. It is now on the upper LED.

I will monitor the machine for continued proper operation.

2 Likes