FireControl Ignores M01 command from SheetCam

I’m trying to add M01 line in my G-code to pause so I can change the amperage on my plasma cutter. The M01 shows up in the G-code on the screen in FireControl but the machine does not stop. I’m hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Use M00

M01 requires an optional stop switch.

1 Like

I will try that, Thank you

That worked thanks again.

1 Like

Good to hear. Have fun with your table :smiley:

1 Like

Every since the FireControl 20.6.2 update I have an issue with the M00 command in FireControl. I have always used this to change amperage mid cut or after scribing bent lines in a project. Now it still stops at the M00 command, but it will not continue. FireControl just gets stuck and you will have to reboot it. I’m still using SheetCam. Any ideas?

Thanks

James where do you set the “stop switch”?cis that in sheetcam? I’ve looked high and low.

Thanks!

You need to wire that into a breakout board. Use the M00 command instead.

Thanks I’ll have to play around with that a little more. I tried M00 and it paused and resumed as expected but when it resumed it went one cut line and locked up fire control entirely. This was during a dry run so I need to try it for real and see if it acts the same way. I was cutting 1/4 inch and didn’t want to risk it…

Thanks!

@ScottNH
Hi Scott and gang… I’m wondering if you ever found out if the M00 ever worked out for you? I have a file I’m working on right now in Sheetcam that will require an amperage change between layers of “pecks” and actual cutting. Looking for the correct command to use in this instance. I’ve moved all of my “pecks” to another layer so, I suppose I could always just POST the two layers separately and make the amperage change that way… I’m just wanting to play around with the code a little I guess… Any help/advice?

I’ve searched and searched… Thought there was a list of Gcode supported by FireControl floating around the forums here…? Anyone have that?

This was posted by LS not too long ago, I saved it for reference.

G-Code Command Sheet.pdf (101.1 KB)

2 Likes

@JDE Jamie, thanks a bunch… That’s exactly what I was looking for!! I owe you one!

1 Like