Firecontrol freezing w/ torch staying lit

Plasma: Hypotherm 85 sync
Table: Crossfire XR (running most recent sofware)

I keep having issues with what seems like interference where the whole system freezes, generally at the end of the first cut on a program. It will complete the first cut on any given program whether it is a untested or a proven file, but will fail to shut off torch and move to the next line of code. I’ve tried several different ways to reduce interference like separating the plasma as far from the other electronics as the cables will allow with no avail. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Have you checked cut selection on front of plasma cutter set for cut not gouge or expanded metal?

Yup cut delection is all good.

I had this happen to me more than once when I was not using the USB isolator. System would not work with the one shipped with the system. I ended up buying a new one from Amazon and that fixed my issue.

Look on amazon for “USB Isolator Module” costs about $20 (looks just like the one you have) and if it does not solve your issue then you have a backup. However it worked for me and just my $0.02

1 Like

Had the same problem as well when I first got my XR. I was getting electrical interference. Had to dismount XR controller and computer. Got extension cables for THC box controller . Now I have controller and plasma cutter about 15 feet away from each other. No problems exempt when I run my press brake and plasma table at the same time.

3 Likes