FireControl 20.3 Available

FireControl 20.3

We are releasing an update to the FireControl software today and are excited to announce some new features and performance enhancements. If you have FireControl already you should see the UPDATE AVAILABLE button at the top of your software. Clicking this should download the latest version. As always this version is available in our Downloads.

20.3 Features

• Scale and Rotate Live Gcode
  • MCB and THC Firmware Update Notifications with Version Display
  • Visualizer - Improved Performance, reduced system load
  • Visualizer - Cut Path Highlighting
  • Visualizer - Toggle Off (for lower performance systems)
  • THC - Live Adjust Nominal Voltage
  • THC - Settings Explanations
  • IHS - Indicator Light
  • In-Control vs In-Computer Error Notification
  • Bug Fixes

As always let us know if you have any feedback. If you have a critical issue, please message Langmuir Systems Support.

9 Likes

Quick question?
On the smaller table I would do a pre-run of my job especially when cutting from edge to edge of my plate trying to utilize all the material I can, to check the cutter doesn’t run off into dead space.

On the Pro I’ve tried to run my outer most profiles with the torch off as a pre-run but it on heads to the first profile to start the cut and pauses due to arc voltage loss.

Can I turn off the THC so it’s not looking for it so I can do a run to check like described above.

Haven’t looked into FIRE CONTROL extensively yet . Just wondering it it was a quick step I misssed

Yes! To dry run you can either diable (toggle button in THC Control module) or disconnect (in the Height Control connection header menu) THC. Keep in mind this will still run the IHS sequences.

We are going to be reintroducing an actual explicit Dry Run feature in one of the next releases.

3 Likes

Thank you , …

I’m seeing high CPU usage while idle,

Has something to do with the visualizer, as with no program loaded, CPU is low (2%).
Tried both integrated GPU and Nvidia GPU, same CPU usage. While a 5 year old laptop, still fairly good specs:
Display drivers:
|Version:418.81 WHQL
|Release Date:|2019.2.4|
Card GTX 970M
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Drives are SSD

Just the bottle opener test, generated with Sheetcam (the pierce are set low because I’ve only got the hand drag shield at the moment.)
test.tap (7.7 KB)

Updated to latest Nvidia drivers 445.87, no change. Ran an OpenGL Benchmark:

Scale and rotate! Awesome. When will soft limits be added?