Fire Control or Pro glitch?

Went to cut a revised version of my torque arm brace from 3/16 plate. started with the holes I had modeled and it cut the first 6 perfect, but on the 7th the torch failed to move in the Y-axis…
Double checked everything, reloaded the part and hit RUN and it worked fine. First time I’ve had a hiccup. Wouldn’t normally care, but wasting a 12"X40" piece of steel hurts.
Anyone have a similar issue?

Did fire control throw an error pop up?

It’s hard to say there’s lots of reasons why the y-axis might intermittently not move.

Loose plug connection

Slipping coupler

Binding

Interference freezing fire control (I didn’t see you mention that fire control freezed so probably not it)

And did you restart fire control and reload the file?
Or just reload file?
Why did you have to reload the file?

I bet if you search through this forum there would be thousands of instances where an axis didn’t move for one reason or another.

No error messages

Likely mechanical in nature then.

I had a coupling slip on me for the first time on Sunday. I probably wouldn’t have noticed it but part of the nest I was working on at a slight shift to the right (x-axis slip in my case)

You could give all the couplings a check.

I’ve also had a skip in the past where a flake of aluminum ended up binding one of the bearings on the rail.

Also check all your plug connections for the motors make sure they’re seated tight.

Always hard to track down that is something intermittent.

1 Like