Fire Control is lagging badly and will not jog machine

I am having issues with fire control not jogging my crossfire pro, and when i load up the program it takes a long time to connect to my pro. When its finally connects i the program lags alot. The system did jog at one point but the torch started moving all over the place until it hit limits.

so here are some things to try…

• Go to your control panel in your PC and go to add/remove programs…delete the FireContol program.
  • Then go to the Langmuir site and download the latest fire control…
  • also go into your file search and under your profile you will see another folder called Fire Control…delete that
  • Reboot your PC
  • Now run the new Fire Control…
  • Also check that your usb/printer cable is not tangled in other wires…if you have some ferrite chokes…install them on each cable on the Langmuir box…

give this a try then report back let us know the results

1 Like

I found another post that had those suggestions and I reinstalled Firecontrol (both versions .1 & .2), i also deleted the folder in the user menu.

The pro connects to the PC now but the program is still lagging alot. When i push one of the jog arrows the pro moves 2 seconds later.

did you remove the old program of firecontrol through the add/remove programs in your PC?
thatis critical…

is your plasma on or off when you are trying to jog?

do you have any ferrite chokes on the cables on the back of the control box…those help…

Yeah i did. I did notice a few times when i tried to close the program it would give me an error saying its already running. I had to go into the task manager and end the process.

The plasma torch was on and off with the same results.

I will have to see if there are ferrite chokes on the cables. Everything was working fine on Jan 11 when i was running the break in program. The only major difference was my plasma cutter wasn’t connected to the torch.

Thank you for replying. i am very stumped

laptop or desktop PC?

I use a Dell Latitude Laptop i5-3340M 2.7 Ghz, 8GM ram.

The system was working just fine a few weeks ago.

I am having the same kind of issues. Very slow responses. Random hangs. Runs the run-in program correctly. Runs simple test programs in test mode. Hangs when the torch is on before the torch fires.

The cutter fires correctly in manual fire mode.

Did add/remove programs process to update to the latest.

I do see that the processor is running at 100% a lot of the time.

My unit is a P8400 2.2Ghz with 4GB of memory.

Find a power bar…cut off the ground prong on the power bar…plug your laptop into power bar and bar into the wall…try again

1 Like

Or get one of those 3 prong to 2 prong plug adapters at the hardware store for a buck. Then you aren’t ruining your power strip for other use some other time.

Could I just try it running off the laptop battery then?

Yup…that will work

So it works just fine with the computer unplugged. Thank you! So i need to get one of those 3 to 2 prong adapters. Is there a permanent fix to the problem?

1 Like

Yes…3to2 adaptors…

1 Like

I just upgraded from FireControl-21.1.1-compatibility which was working great to FireControl-21.1.4-compatibility and the app ran supper slow and locked up a bunch just like Plasmasquid explains. It’s supper slow, laggy, not responding, basically not usable. I uninstalled, reinstalled multiple times. I even went back to 21.1.1 and it was also not working anymore acting the same way. I went all the way back to 20.6 and it worked fine so I knew it wasn’t my table or laptop or interference. I then tried 21.1.1 upgrade upgrade again but it still didn’t work. This post and the related notes to uninstall first and the key was to delete the .FireCotrol user profile folder (C:\Users\Computer1\.FireControl) then do the install. After that everything work great. I’m now running 21.1.4 compatibility perfectly. It would be great if Langmuir would properly uninstall and reinstall or update better than it does currently. Thanks for this post and the notes as it truely helped me save time and frustration.

1 Like

Any update to this, it appears i have encountered the same issue. reinstalled program after deleting current version, used laptop on battery, which worked ! than used the 3-2 still kept working just fine. until the end of the day. Fire control was virtually unusable.

Have you tried to restart your computer? My laptop doesn’t like it when I leave fire control idle for long periods of time.

2 Likes

ill give that a go when i get back to the shop, kind of an annoying problem to have. Hope they fix it soon

I try to always close fire control when not being used it seems to get real bad jet lag. I frequently do burn that are a hour plus long sometimes multiple back to back with no issues. It only does it sitting idle.

2 Likes

+1

I can’t leave it open idle… If I am not actively working in it, I close it.

2 Likes