Fire Control Health check says 0 volts

I need help again! My torch fires the first pierce then stops. I did the health check & it says the resting voltage is acceptable, but it’s zero after that. I’m using a Hobart 700i which is the earlier version of the 40i which is basically the Miller 625.

health check report

1 Like

What program are you using for CAM? Can you post more of your settings? If you are using Fusion 360 post your F3D file.

Here are some questions to answer to start.

What thickness of metal are you cutting?
What are you using for your pierce delay?
What amps are you set at?
What is your plunge rate?
What is your air pressure at the cutter when running?
What air drying methods are you using?
What do your consumables look like?

I’m using Sheetcam. Everything worked fine before when I was using Mach 3. I just installed the Z axis upgrade & Fireshare

If it has not worked successfully I would start by checking connections.

1 Like

Gotcha, this is a new install of the THC Module… Looking at the specs for your machine I take it you wired the VIM module to the raw voltage inside the machine. red wire to work clamp and black wire to torch lead?

can you also post a picture of how you have the VIM module(little black box) hooked up?

1 Like

Double check to make sure your THC module is seated firmly in place on the motion control board.

That was the first thing I did

Raw voltage , no port

Red to work clamp and black to torch?

Yes ,at least that was my intention. I followed the wires to the 3 small lugs & attached the ring terminals, I’m not the greatest at reading schematics. Are these them? I’m positive one goes to the clamp
Or do I need to connect to the white wires coming from the cord to the power switch?

I can’t tell looking at that. Mine is pretty obvious. Both are large bungs that clearly lead to the work clamp and torch.

I think it has to be some type of wiring issue.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m going to tinker around with it later today. Thanks for your advice.

Looks good from here.

I’m just surprised to find another AirForce 700i owner :nerd_face:

It’s probably some little box you forgot to check after upgrading the Z :person_shrugging:

Nope. I had to switch 1 wire. Moved black to the center lug & it worked. I changed my search & found pictures from a year before that someone posted.

Just scrolling through YouTube watching plasma videos and this popped up.