Fire control drivers

I plugged in the usb and turned power on to the table and my computer made a small noise and I cannot see any proof that anything was loaded, should I try opening fire control or is there a way to tell if the drivers got loaded ? they say don’t open fire control until drivers are loaded so…

you should install the drivers without control box being plugged in. for some reason it installs better that way.

Thanks but I really have no clue about anything about drivers so just at a total loss here. Tried with the box unplugged but the laptop does nothing, when the box is plugged in the laptop sounds a quick bell. could the drivers load in a second or two and how would I know. also what do I mess up if I open fire control and the drivers are not there?

Go to device manager and see if the drivers are loaded. If you don’t know about device manager use the search box in the lower left of windows and type device manager. Here is a link to the Langmuir site, scroll down to the connection troubleshooting section. CUT with FireControl | Langmuir Systems

1 Like

Thanks ScottNH, I found device manager after a search but just couldn’t make any sense of what I was looking at so I may be OK, I opened fire control and it is on and seems to be working. I think my laptop just sucked up those drivers really fast and a notification never showed in the task bar…maybe windows 11 is different?

Windows 11 does automatically load the drivers normally. If you have issues and read the connection troubleshooting section of the link I sent it has a picture of exactly what you’re looking for. Sounds like you have it working now though.

1 Like

what was throwing me was I was looking in the task bar ( as directed by the instructions ) for notification that it was done loading but that just never happened.