Fire Control does not see Machine

Been using the pro with no issues until now. Started fire control today and no connections to my table.
Motors change sound when usb is plugged in but fire control does not see the table.

Have reinstalled firecontrol with no change and deleted the folder in users.

Any ideas?

have you tried a different usb cable and or usb port on your pc?

Yes and it Makes no difference. And i cannot see the cnc in device manager. Updated all drivers on this labtop.

take off the cover on the control box, plug in the usb cable to your pc and control box and see of the red/green LED lights up on the main board and THC.

yup everything is lit up green. THC has a red light on it.

and checked usb connection on the board with a multi meter.

Are you running a laptop & have it plugged into power? If so, unplug it and run it off battery.

do a manual install of the drivers…this same thing happened to a friend and this corrected it.

Issue remains. But today I have gotten notifications that the device is unrecognized or malfunctioning.

Got it! corrosion or something on the usb connections! Thanks boys!

1 Like

Well it recognized it once after cleaning contacts. Any issues know with the usb port?

not so much USB port issues…more cable issues and there was an issue at the start of the USB grounding out…if that is what you are asking

Did you get any splash back in there? Maybe it got some water in it?

As others have said the first thing id recommend is trying a different USB cable. If that doesn’t resolve it shoot us an email and we’ll see if a new MCB makes sense for you.

I am having the same problems, Followed all of the suggestions. Nothing has helped. This is a brand new system that doesn’t have any corrosion. It connected the first day I powered up and did some manual jogging. Came back to do my first cut and make a part and now this…

So you’ve tried all these?

a different USB port in your computer.

a brand new USB printer style cable.

Reinstall USB drivers.

Try another computer.

So none of these fixes are solving the issue?

At least once you’ve done all these you’ll know it’s on the langmuir side.

1 Like

I am also having the same issues. The computer doesn’t see the machine to give me the option to update the driver manually. Was there ever a solution found?

did it work before or is this the first time you’re using it?

Yes. Ran the break in, made test cuts and 1 bottle opener. Designed parts for a job I have pulled into the shop and no connections.
All lights are green except the red on thc.
Tried different cord.
Different computer.
Cannot see the device in device manager to update drivers.

If drivers are the issue, you have to manually install the drivers without the table USB plugged in. After the drivers are installed, Windows should recognize the Table and the THC when USB is plugged back in.