Files will not load

Hi
Looks like I’m going to need a bit (some, ok a lot) of guidance here and hoping this is not something I missed in the book!
I ran the break in tap file just fine and attempted to load another “real” file from Fireshare BUT…dah da daa …nothing I tried would load. IIRC, Firecontrol will support SVG as well as DXF files?
When I try and load a file from Fireshare the file type box indicates to load a “G Code” file. The drop down shows NO OTHER options such as a dxf or svg file. Am I incorrect that a dxf file is a g code file?
Obviously I am missing something!!
BTW, we are running a PRO and I just downloaded the latest version software 3.1ls (not sure that has any bearing on the issue)
This surely looks like operator error but darned if I can fix it! Thanks in advance.
Caddy

No. DXF is not a G-Code file. You need to run it through a CAM program such as SheetCAM or Fusion 360.

FireControl only runs “.NC” files.

1 Like

There are some “Cut Ready” files on FireShare. Look for the .NC extension. It may have even been included with the DXF file you already downloaded.

Software Workflow | Langmuir Systems

Hey Tim,

CAD files, such as .dxf files, cannot be opened directly into FireControl, as these files only contain design information. You will need to take the .dfx file to a CAM program to post-process it into a filetype readable and runnable by FireControl. I also recommend taking a look at the software workflow guide that @Wsidr1 posted previously:

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software

Alternatively, as @Wsidr1 also pointed out, you can keep an eye out for cut-ready files on FireShare.

2 Likes

First, thanks for responding! Clearly , my understanding of files is lacking a bit!
I was under the impression that a dxf file would readily work BUT, I was wrong!
I did however try to load a ready cut file out of fire share but for some reason that didn’t work.
Tomorrow, I’m back trying to figure this all out! In the meantime, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
I want to see sparks!!!
Cya
Caddy or Tim …… whichever works👍

1 Like

List your machine specs and maybe someone will offer a cut ready file that they have run so you can try that and confirm your table setup.

Then you can focus on learning software flow and CAD/CAM.

1 Like