Fighting an incessant misfire - Primeweld Cut 60 - Tecmo PTM60 Machine Torch

I’ve had my crossfire pro setup for about a month and a half now. There’s been a lot of gremlins, but I think everything is finally dialed in. The biggest issue I had was a misfire error, typically 2 or 3 pierces into a file. Sometimes a file with a bunch of cuts would run just fine, but most of the time there would be an error. The first pierce of a file was always flawless, sometimes the second; however, on the second or third cut, the THC voltage would jump up to 300V producing an error, and the torch wouldn’t fire. I was also having an issue with my post flow randomly turning on and off (even when the machine wasn’t actively cutting a file). My air supply is a 60 gallon compressor, with a homemade desiccant dryer. Reading a few of the posts on the forum made me think that the Cut 60 was somewhat particular when it came to pressure so I messed with my pressure settings and still had the misfire. I started to wonder if my air volume was being overly restricted by my dryer. I found a 25 cfm desiccant dryer on ebay and ditched the homemade unit last night. I loaded a file with 100+ pierces and it ran the entire thing flawlessly. I wanted to post my experience and hope it can help someone else avoid my self inflicted headache and roller coaster ride of elation it’s working…depression it’s giving an error after every pierce on a 100+ pierce file.

Honestly, I am puzzled by the title you gave to this post. It suggests the Primeweld Cut 60 has misfire issues but reading the post it seems it was your homemade filter to cause the problem? The last sentence is particularly confusing to me.

Reason I am asking is that I came into possession of a brand new Primeweld Cut 60 and I am setting up my 60gal compressor to deliver the right air quality while I wait fr my Crossfire Pro to be delivered, so I am particularly interested in this matter.

Love my CUT60. Have had nothing but success with it. Usung a 15 year old Campbell Hausfeld 60gal compressor, water separator, automatic tank drain and a Motor Guard filter.

I had the same issue with the air turning on and off randomly with my primeweld cut 60. I believe the air solenoid was going bad. I contacted primeweld and they sent me a new machine and the new one isnt doing it.

I have the Primeweld cut 60 and a 60 gallon compressor. I have had my table for a month, and a little over 2 hours of actual cut time on my cutter and 2100 pierces. I have only had 4 misfires in that time and everyone has been after 500 pierces ( end of life for consumable). I will be purchasing better quality consumables soon to see if I can get more life out of them. Over all I am happy with the Primeweld.

2 Likes