Feature Request - Simple shape generator

I think a nice feature to add to the control is a simple shape generator in addition to the Straight line cut. Rectangle, Triangle, and Circle.

Rectangle - parallel sides, length input for each X+, Y+, (program verses inputs for X- and Y-)

Triangle - Start angle, Y- length, Second angle, Y+ length (or X-, X+) program returns to 0,0

Circle - Dia or Rad

Sorry if this has already been brought up. I’ve needed it a few times, and while easy enough to do in Fusion then transfer over, it is time consuming.

2 Likes

not gonna lie. that would be nice. great idea.

You should have left your post up @DonP . Your suggestion is a good idea, little math and you can get the right Circle that you need.

A rectangle or a triangle however going to be hard but to balance something like that out. Doing other trapezoidal shapes is just not feasible. That’s why I was hoping for just simple shapes like squares/rectangles and circles

2 Likes

Just add a “scale X Y” command.
Then you can create your OWN files with whatever shapes you want and “scale” for the desire size.
That would produce from a 1" circle ANY circle size.
From a 1" x 1" square ANY square or rectangle.
And other shapes as you “dream up” ANY size.
You would only have to create a simple KNOWN dimensional single shape NC file then use the SCALE command to create an unlimited amount of variations.

Or maybe now you CAN scale, I do not know???

1 Like

You can scale up to 10x in firecontrol. I started playing with firecontrol to help use up my scrap pieces. Rotating, selecting new origin, and scaling are nice things to play around with on rainy day.

2 Likes

I don’t think Firecontrol does individual X/Y scaling, just UNIFORM X/Y?
I hate you cannot run Firecontrol without a connection!

1 Like

Yes just uniform from my experience.

Should have included @langmuir-daniel @langmuir-reilly to get some mfg views on this request…

All the 3D printer slicers out there can do this, including a “Flip” function (which would be really nice as well when manually cutting duplicates.

Sheetcam as a post processor offers all this…shapes are offered as well as brackets, gussets…

I truly doubt this would be put in FC as doing shapes requires post processing more than a simple line…

MACH3 never had any shapes…and I doubt there are many other cutting softwares that offer that feature as it mostly a CAD/CAM feature

1 Like