Everlasting 62i cut chart

will post a picture later of the consumables. and will check the color of the arc

and I am using smart voltage

thanks for the help.

1 Like

Yesterday I change the consumables and unplug the laptop, and it cut as before

How is the quality/quantity of your air?
Is your air pressure dropping off 3 in into the cut 4 in into the cut?
What are you doing for moisture mitigation?

You shouldn’t be getting any arcing up on the electrode like this.

@mechanic416 what do you see here?

You will get the arcing as that is were the pilot arc starts.

Things That need to be looked at.

1. Air pressure should be 120psi to the plasma cutter, Plasma cutter should be 60psi when air is flowing and cutting and about 70psi setting.
  2. Cutting tip should be a 1.0mm run at 45 amps.
  3. Torch height should be .060" and should be checked manually to make sure it is right.

I also thing it should be set in tip saver mode and post flow should be about 20 sec.

1 Like

This is what I used just before the plasma, but I notice I have 100 psi from the compressor, will increase it to 120 psi.
Don’t remember if it drops 3 or 4, but it drops.

I will change the other setting and increase the post flow to 20

I have had the same issues and blamed it on all kinds of different things. I have 2 Everlast Cutters both less than a year old. After lots of testing the problem was found to be the Air Solenoid Valves in both machines. Everlast fast mailed replacement valves (2 Days) and after installation the problems where solved. Hope this helps.

@mlevario99
I run a 62i also…so here are my observations…

• have your post flow at a 30 second minimum post flow…you need to keep the tips cool or you will warp the inside of the torch…
  • water should be as close as you can to the metal but not splashing into the torch
  • what type of moisture control do you have between the compressor and the plasma…?
2 Likes

Got to try some 1/2" plate 60amps 13-IPM and 1.2sec pierce delay

1 Like

I cut 1/4" at 60 amps 40ipm maybe give that a try

I have an 82i with that being said. 75psi , 21ipm and 1.2 pierce delay. Make sure you have a 60amp tip in the torch. 1.2 mm. Sorry 1.1mm my bad.

Make sure you fill the pan up all the way with those high amp slow travel speed.

6 Likes

that looks awesome !

The only other tip I’ll give you is this. The 62i duty cycle at 100% is about 5 min or so. A large cut over that time frame could ruin a whole lot of expensive steel. That’s if the machine kicks out 3/4 of the way through. Just a thought.

2 Likes

60 amp tip is 1.1mm, a 70 amp tip is 1.2mm

3 Likes

I’m just running the .9mm tip that came on the cutter. I’ll buy a few larger tips for the heaver cuts

A 0.9mm tip is only rated at 40 amps. So if your running it at 60 amps it won’t last very long.

1 Like

I can attest to that !
What size tip would you recommend for cutting small holes in around 16ga sheet? the .09 blows big holes and/or over heats ( I tried to cut out the cobra on the file share)

I would be using 0.6mm/20 amp .025" orifice or 0.8mm/30 amp .030" orifice tips. for finer cuts

You can find them on my ebay store or you can send me a email and save a few bucks.

3 Likes