Everlast rear pinned socket connection

Okay thank you!!! I will check the continuity first

Totally perfect advise. This is what I did with mine. Used some heat shrink material on it.

image ![image|320x240]

1 Like

A note to anyone from the future reading this and running a THC controller, two paragraphs down from where this image is cut, it says that if you want 50:1 arc voltage divide (as the Langmuir THC requires), you must remove a jumper that’s on the circuit board behind the CNC plug on the back of the Plasma Cutter. To open up the plasma, undo the screws on the side and BACK of the plasma to get to the circuit board.

The proffessional-looking manual for the 62i on the Home Depot website explains this. The printed-and-stapled shoddy manual which came with my 52i did not explain this. If i save one person time with this explanation-rant, it will have been worth. :smiley:

4 Likes

great post…but I still recomend going right to the actual terminal posts for the torch…that is accurate.

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up, got me looking around, and i found posts by yourself and others outlining this issue, I think i’ll follow your advice and not even bother finishing the CNC plug soldering i had started to do. Might as well do it once, and do it right.

Cheers!

I look at it this way…Langmuir designed a box that takes the actual voltage readings and converts it to the proper input for their machines to run with…just like they designed the table to work really well with the plasma cutter they sell with their tables…

Even though the books and people can say you can just remove a jumper…or solder in wires in places to get the divided voltage…it is not the true voltage as it goes through circuits to get to the pins…

If you ever have to trouble shoot a problem…you measure right off the box equipment Langmuir sold and supports…not have to guess where inside the plasma you need to go…or if there is a problem with your plasma…saved me a lot of time at the start.

1 Like

Thank you so much I’m wiring an everlast 52i torch fire and this post is the bomb.

1 Like

do not use the pins for divided or raw voltage on the back of the Everlast…you will most likely run into problems
for RAW voltage go directly to the lugs inside the plasma machine…I have posted pictures of this in the forums.
the CNC connector is only really good for the torch on/off

2 Likes

cool good to know

1 Like

I have the pro table and the 62i with machine torch…never had a problem

1 Like

Hey toolboy. I’m finally going to get around to putting my Crossfire Pro together. I too have a 62i with machine torch. Did you use the CNC connector for the on/off? Pins 1and 2?

@Rodzilla

Rod… For sure, those are the ones… 1&2 for torch trigger…

If you haven’t yet, make sure you grab RAW voltage from inside the plasma cutter… You won’t be sorry…

1 Like

I was planning on using RAW voltage, but wasn’t sure about how to trigger the torch. Thanks!

yup…pins 1 and 2…and i does not matter which wire goes where for that connection

2 Likes

This is an old thread but I hope somebody can still help. I want to use the cnc torch on my everlast 80 plasma and connected a switch to open and close pin1 and 2. However as soon as I switch the plasma on the pilot arc starts , no matter in which position my switch is. Even when I remove my plug from the back, that arc still stays on. This does not happen with the manual torch, only with the cnc.

I can only imagine somebody made a mistake and connected the wires inside the torch? Anybody else had this problem?

on Everlast machnes you have a “lock on”…“lock off”…“CNC”…switch…
make sure it is on CNC…

this is similar to 2T4T switching…

if you are getting bad or problems reach out…I have a 62i and can help solve issues

1 Like

Thanks, tried to contact you directly but could not see a button.

So the machine has no cnc switch

Its just the 2t4t and it makes no difference. I am now 90% sure its a bad wire of the cnc torch. I checked in the hand torch and the top two pins close when the trigger is pushed. On the cnc torch those to pins are on! I think this is the issue. Or what do you think?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure those wires should be capped off and not used on the machine torch. There is no need for trigger wires in a machine torch.

Yes, that was it. Its working now however i lost the consumables just after one test cut, arc did not start after.

Need to connect the ok to move pins as my machine might have moved with pilot arc. Its not 100% clear of how they work from the manual. Am using and arduino, Can I connect them to the analog inputs and read out the value?

Those pins are not used on a CrossFire system so you won’t find much expertise to help you with this question here.

1 Like