Everlast Power Plasma 82i (two month review)

I guess if you want and Everlast comparable to the Powermax 85 you could get the Everlast Power Plasma 102i CNC Pac for $1,807.00
https://bit.ly/3smjYtL

3 Likes

Yes it is more comparable to the 85. it’s the reason I almost bought it instead of the PowerMax 85.

I’m definitely all for everlast, for the price point it’s hard to beat.

3 Likes

Hello, Happy to hear things are working for you. At your convenience can you please share how you wired the Everlast Power plasma 82i to the Crossfire PRO torch height control. I discovered that my Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter cannot we hooked up to the THC. Based on your success I am going to purchase a Everlast Power plasma 82i.
Thank you,
Rene

3 Likes

I decided to make a video covering this question as I get asked this a lot. Here is a link to my YouTube video that explains the 82i wiring. :slight_smile: https://youtu.be/edYrl815Hlw

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your plasma specific review. I have the 102i and love it. I am very new to using the crossfire pro event though I have had it for 2 years. Probably have not cut 100" total :rofl:.

Do you have the cut settings written out that you are using? I have been cutting 1/2" at 68 amps and 15 IPM. Thats a far cry from 50 IPM.

Also, I purchased the mache torch from Everlast. When I first set it up it worked great. With subsequent program updates it is no longer firing. My hand torch works great. Kind of odd.

Anyway, thanks for your post!

1 Like

I’m just hooking up my XR with a 62i. Not getting torch fire out of fire control… Test fire turns on air out of plasma unit, but no plasma fire. I wired into cnc port with pins 1&2 for torch on /off. After reading up and watching the YouTube video above, I’m going to switch to raw voltage on 5&7. Using 50:1 div on pins 4&6 now.

Don’t get why it’s not firing though. Brand new unit, Machine torch… Any ideas from you guys?

Great you have it hooked up.

Sometime if the machine torch is mounted too high in the torch mount in can distort the torch
body so the plunger becomes stuck.

any on screen errors? Or everlast error msgs?

Raw voltage is definitely the way to go with everlast.

2 Likes

Raw voltage from inside the plasma cutter. Do not use pins 5&7 it doesn’t work well.

Machine torch mounting,

3 Likes

Mmm, good points. I am clamped a bit low. No error messages anywhere. Gonna change to pigtail raw voltage and move torch clamp…

2 Likes

Is your torch turned on or is it locked off?

1 Like

All good now. I had the clamp on the lower part of machine torch. Changed the THC leads to the PV and it’s all set. Loading up 55 gal. of plasma water now…

2 Likes

I’m looking at the 82i for my new Pro. What amperage breaker are you running with that. I’m putting in a new circuit for it so I want to make sure I don’t under-power it. Thanks.

I’m running a 50 amp breaker with 6 gauge wire

2 Likes

Same. Drop one of these into a double fixture box, run a 2+ground 6 guage wherever you want it.

Leviton 5374-S00 50 Amp, 250 Volt, Flush Mounting Receptacle, Straight Blade, Industrial Grade, Grounding, Black, 1-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8SKDY4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_6WK8BR0HANNMC1WDV1SE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Actually, I probably should have phrased the question differently. I had just finished wiring the garage with a subpanel and, among others, a NEMA 6-50 outlet and 6/3 wire running to it. I appreciate both of you confirming I hadn’t screwed that up :slight_smile:

with the 1.2mm tip did you change your ipm or just your amperage. I am running pretty close to your same numbers and I was going to order more 1.3mm tips but I did not see any on everlast website… all I saw was 1.2mm

this is were I get my consumables for my 82i IPT80 / IPTM80 /PT80 plasma cut torch consumables / electrode / tips ( – PowerEdge Cutter

If you use the 1.3mm tip you’ll want to bump the power up to 75 to 80 amps so that you get a more parallel cut. If you go from a 1.2 to 1.3 and are still cutting the same thickness then you should increase your IPM by about 20% (current IPM X 1.2)

2 Likes

Maybe this will help you out.

1.0 = 50 amp, 1.1 = 60 amp, 1.2 = 70 amp and 1.3 = 80 amp

@Richarddbeck83 i know this is an old post…but i was just discussing this topic on another forum…i agree those tiny pins are a nightmare to solder…and to top it off i had the exact same experience with the polarity being wrong…i followed the pin out instructions from here on the forum i believe.i thought i misinterpreted them however after reading your experience just now i wonder if the schematic might be misleading also wonder how many people stopped and just went to raw voltage after either screwing up the pins or failing to realize the polarity was preventing things from working?

Hooked mine up to raw voltage from day 1.
Awesome plasma cutter. Hasn’t skipped a beat since.

3 Likes