Everlast Plasma 62i 6 Month Review

First off if you are considering dealing with Everlast re-think your choice. The machine quit working while making a cut, a little over a month ago. Just quit firing. Called tech they had me run a bunch of test with my volt ohm meter among others. BTW it is on it’s 3rd machine torch. They had me box it up and send it to AZ to the company that does the repairs. They fixed it right away. Tech told me they would ship it out the next day. That was over 2 weeks ago. I did get in touch with the repair company and was told Everlast has never sent a shipping label to send it back to me, even though Everlast said it had shipped, which it has not. Now I have to pay to have it shipped back to me even though it’s under warranty. Thanks to the repair company they have helped by keeping in touch to update me. After I sent it in I could never get in touch with Everlast tech support, no returned phone calls or emails other than saying they will not provide shipping. Bad service.

1 Like

@bigjeff You got a Everlast 62i 6 months ago. Now you have had to have the machine torch replaced two times in the 5 months you had it. May I ask why and for what reason? Did they replace it for free or did you have to pay for them? Next you say it stopped over a month ago but 2 weeks ago you were told it was being shipped back. So it took 2 weeks for you to ship it to them and get it repaired? Now have you got it back yet and is it working?

Just a note here. Shipping is normally not covered by any plasma cutter manufacture for warranty repairs. Now I have had the dealer cover the shipping because the customer spends a lot of money their.

4 Likes

I am sorry you have had a hard time with Everlast…
I have had a 50S for a few yesrs and now for the last 4 years I have had the 62i…

I am very pleased with it…

the main reason toch heads need replacing is not enough post flow to cool it down…
I know it happened to me…but I did my own replacement…

2 Likes

The repair shop weld rite decided to pay for shipping and charge Everlast. What happened was Everlast tech told me to ship it back because they said it was a bad board that needed to be replaced, then sent me a shipping label, on 2-14 I sent it back. Weld rite checked it out right away and said the torch was bad, that was the second one. Then it sat. I checked with Everlast on 3-5 they said it had been shipped. So on 3-14 I called and emailed Everlast never heard back. Then I contacted weld rite and was told it was still sitting there waiting for Everlast to send them a shipping label. They contacted Everlast as I and was told they were were not going to provide a shipping label but would send a new torch (have not seen that or gotten tracking) at that point I said I would pay for shipping so I could get it back. On Friday Weld Rite called me and said they were shipping ti back and provided tracking says be here Wednesday. They are questioning why it’s killing torches as I. I did purchase from your Ebay store and new torch head and installed it on one of the old torch cables. I will try that one. Do you have any idea why it’s going through so many torches? I don’t cut that much stuff.
Big Jeff

So what is going bad with the torch’s? Are they burning up or shorting out, what?

Don’t know. During cuts they torch just goes out then nothing. Tips are good (been using your tecmo’s). every thing looks good not dirty look like new. I check continuity at all contacts all test good. BTY Everlast said they would pay for shipping.

When you get the plasma cutter back, make sure you mount the torch correct. If you have any trouble let me know.

You can always call me for help.

2 Likes

jeff…do this for us please…

take the damaged torch apart by removing the cup and consumables…get pictures of the parts and the torch head…
tell us if the electrode is easy to screw in and out…
next…

• unscrew part “A” and slide it down the hose

• Part “B” unscrews from part “C” and slide it down the hose out of the way…

• undo the 4 screws on part “C” and take a picture of those parts…

• if possible show pictures of your used consumables…

I am looking for any signs of water infiltration…heat damage…things that can possibly explain torch issues…

I have been through a lot of issues at the start of my plasma journey and one of them was torch issues…this is why I have a hand torch as a back-up and emergency testsing device…

1 Like

Toolboy
If I get the old torch back I will do what you suggested. Hopefully you can see some thing everyone else has not.
Thanks

Don’t take the torch apart unless you do not plan on ever using it again. Once you take the torch head apart in most cases it will not work again. This is why I sell a lot of them from people thinking they can fix them.

If you really want to know what may be wrong with it send it to me.

5 Likes

george is 100% right!!!..

First off let me apologize to Everlast. What seemed to happen they had two people with the same name they were working on, me and another person. They had me confused with the other person back east somewhere. That is why I was getting all the rude feed back from Everlast when trying to get my unit fixed. I had gotten yesterday a message back when I asked where my stuff was? They said they had sent one on 3/5 and the other on 3/20 and sent tracking numbers, which showed delivery back east and I live in Idaho. I spoke with Everlast and they realized the problem and over night my parts and got my machine back as well. After all the confusion they got on it and were very helpful.

5 Likes