Everlast 62i vs 82i for thin material

Am considering these two units for a new Crossfire Pro, but will be cutting both thin, down to 19ga., to thicker material, 1/2" and above. Will the 82i make the detailed cuts needed on such things like signage, if needed? Would really like to hear from those who may have used the 82i on thin material…
Thanks in advance!

They are both great machines. The 82i comes with an 80 amp torch. If you want to cut intricate signs, you may wish to purchase a PTM 60 torch for that work. Then, use the PTM 80 for the thick stuff. The 62i comes with the PTM 60 torch. Ethier way make sure you specify a CNC package.

7 Likes

My 82i cuts down to 22ga beautifully. Why would you need two torches? I like that I have the capabilities to cut such a wide range of thickness, it does a great job on the whole spectrum

1 Like

PTM80 torch tips don’t go lower than 1.0. .057 kerf. The 60 torch can go much smaller in nozzle size. Smaller nozzle smaller kerf. More intricate signs.

4 Likes

And more business for George! er, @mechanic416

1 Like

I use .9 all the time on anything under 10ga. the kerf seems to be about .04

2 Likes

Good to know. I’m a dedicated George type guy. It is very interesting.

1 Like

Everlast does sell some good quality Chinese consumables. These lower amp cutting tips are non- stock items from Tecmo, Italy. I can have them made for me (min order 5000 each size) but can not compete with the Chinese selling prices so its not cost effective for me to sell them.

1 Like

Great information everyone! Very much appreciated. I have used in my work environment many Hypertherm models, and even a Lincoln Tomahawk 125. The Lincoln is not even in the running, given the high consumable cost, and with Hypertherm going to the Sync system, I’m not totally sold. After teaching welding/fabrication at a post-secondary level for many years, I am looking at the Pro for a retirement side gig. The Everlast units look cost effective and robust…
Once again, thanks!

1 Like

I’m not qualified to nor was I attesting to the quality of the product. Just showing you that they are available for the ipt80. Only thing I can tell you is I use .9 all the time and am very happy with the quality on detailed, thinner gauge materials

Appreciate your honesty…… does sound like you may have little to no complaints….
Thanks again!

The Lincoln Tomahawk 125 uses a Tecmo torch and consumables. The Hypertherm Sync uses the cartridges around $55 each.

1 Like

Good to know about the Tomahawk…we have it on a Torchmate 4800 and have been securing Lincoln branded consumables through our local welding suppy vendor…