Everlast 102i and xr problem

A couple weeks ago a switched from a razor weld 45 to a everlast 102i. The razor weld just couldn’t handle some of the thicknesses I’m cutting.
First week everything was working great with the plasma cutter. Now when your start a new program it touches off and cuts the first cut just fine. When it stops and moves to the second cut of the program the torch touches off but the machine stalls. Once the air flow stops on the plasma cutter u can hit start and the machine will take off.
I’m not sure what happened. Worked fine for a couple days then started this. Any ideas

Any errors in fire control? If not, wait for a few mins sometimes they are late to pop up. The error message may help if there is one.

Check air pressure at machine and torch.

1 Like

Your saying you got a problem. It could be a lot of things, air, program, controller, consumables, torch, bad ground, etc. You will need to give us a lot more information to help, other wise its a shot in the dark. The plasma cutter only does what its told to do from the program and controller.

4 Likes

Im pretty sure I found the problem. When writing the program I was setting the pierce delay to short. Machine didn’t have time to register the pierce. I found this by going back and running a previous program from before the plasma machine swap. Everything ran fine until I shortened the pierce delay. Lengthened the pierce delay time back out. Ran fine.

2 Likes

Oh you already fixed it before I woke up. Was going to tell you you need to set your pierce delay at least .7 no matter what thicknesst. Went through the exact same issue with my 82i. It’s an everlast problem.
Doesn’t make sense to me but I’m no expert.

2 Likes

Same with Hypertherm.