Estimated Assembly Time for the Pro?

I saw a post on this topic on XR tread. That made me think about what is the estimated assembly time on the pro?

I looked around I don’t see much about this talked about build time.

What was everyone’s experience?

I’m putting mine together tomorrow, I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

Great Thank You. Good luck with it.

It took just under 5 hours from unpacking to running the break-in program. I had already TIG welded the water pan, so it probably saved 10-15 minutes.

2 Likes

it takes me 15 minutes to think about setting up to tig weld

7 Likes

I put mine together and took my time, it took me a three day weekend. It went together perfectly and the instructions are impeccable.

3 Likes

Spent another 4 hours on it today. Installed drag chains and water system and leak tested. I’ve had quite a while to figure how I would do things! All I need now is that Razor Weld up on the shelf to get cutting.

2 Likes

That is much faster than I thought it would take

lol

That there is funny

2 Likes

It actually took me about an hour to TIG it, with setup, cleaning and welding. I did it a couple of months ago while waiting on the frame. I figured if I did the RTV and bolt deal it would have took 15-20 minutes.

3 Likes

almost done with assembly, decided to modify the water pan mounting.
found some 18 gage stainless angle and welded it to the pan thru the existing screw holes

1 Like

3 days after work & dinner, roughly 7 to 11 each night at a relaxed pace w/Sepultura and a cigar. I’ve assembled many things going back to the days of legos but this had to be the most intuitive build ever. Everything made sense and I had zero issues. Virtual high fives to the Langmuir Crew.

4 Likes

I have about 3 hrs into mine and then stopped to make a rolling base. That was about 3 hours counting the paint.
No issues so far. I think I need to do a little adjusting on my bearing pre-loads. Doesn’t roll along the rail quite as smoothly as I’d like it to.
The water tray is just sitting in place and not assembled.

h

2 Likes

here’s my comments on assembly time and effort

1 Like

I’m getting really close to finishing. I have been working on it slowly in spare time. If I had JUST assembled the Crossfire Pro, no base building, water tank assembly, running the unit every which way to confirm my cable routing/taping, etc, I think I could have completed it in 8-10 hrs. I work slowly, so …

I still need to install optional THC unit and I will be finished. Waiting on some Pico Quanch G water additive.

I dont have my table as I write this. What are the mesurements on you rolling Base? I am likeing that. 2" angle ?

The INSIDE diameters are 29 3/8 x 63 3/8. It is 2" x 2" angle.

1 Like

Thank you

Is that from the uprights of the 2 x 2s ?

The inside corners of the 2x2s. I left a little clearance for the round adjustable feet on the bottom of the legs.

1 Like