Easy Workflow Tutorial with Affinity Designer and Sheetcam

Thanks man! @TomWS though 90 dpi would go straight to sheetcam, I wonder if there are more settings in play.

I just saved his svg to my desktop and dragged it from there into affinity. I’m using a Mac in the tutorials. May make a difference. I think I forgot to highlight that I use the expand stroke command to make the banner surrounds. Expand stroke is super helpful.

Yeah, so if you’re going:

Affinity Designer (AD) → SheetCam directly, 90 DPI will scale correctly.
AD → Inkscape (V0.92 or newer) 96 DPI will scale correctly, then, from Inkscape to Sheetcam you don’t have to scale any more.

I think Affinity uses an old header for the SVG file and SheetCam sees that and assumes 90DPI. Inkscape is able to figure it out.

1 Like

I like your method for passing on how you work with Affinity. Please keep the tutorials coming.

From wanting to just cut the lettering out of sheets of steel a whole new tool and skill set that needs dry air, Affinity, Inkscape, SheetCam, Hypertherm XL 45 plasma torch, sourcing the steel and the actual Langmuir Pro will get me the lettering and so much more.

Hi… I’m new and would love to see this tutorial. Where or how do I get to it? Thanks

These might be what your looking for

1 Like