Easy Workflow Tutorial with Affinity Designer and Sheetcam

Pleasant surprise. The Affinity Designer is half price right now. 2021-01-19T08:00:00Z

Extension of last year’s Pandemic response sale. Details here:

Is this a 1 time purchase or annual thing?

One time purchase.

1 Like

This is a huge help in getting the lettering started.

Here’s my artistic interpretation. Video shows most of the creation, just not the boring node edits and repetitive subtraction. Video should be up later tonight. I didn’t give it the full treatment, since I had to get to some other projects, but hopefully this helps. If anything is left it’s just scooting a few nodes around.

**woops. Just noticed I didn’t bridge the surrounds I did. That will be a problem. I’ll jump in and fix it in a bit.

fortify

Looks good but you have work to do or when you cut it you will have a bunch of pieces not attached.
If your metal is black loom at the following items…
R, O, the banner around the top words will cause the words to fall out…there are some more

Yep, I missed those bridges.

Looks good man I’ll watch the video when you post it up.

If you want to send me that file I’ll cut it out. I’m not worried about the bridges the way I was going to make the sign.

Those have been left as an exercise for the student! Man, didn’t you read the handouts?
Tsk.

1 Like

nope…never read the hand outs…that way I always look like a goof…keep’n it consistent…

2 Likes

Indeed, but a lovable one! :wink:

I think you can right click those and save them. That’s how I saved them from you I think. I think…

@toolboy I love how fast you reply to stuff we have the same style. I think you, @GunTruck1776 @TomWS and I would make a good panel of consultants. As long as there was someone sober at the end of the day to edit the video. Bah!

1 Like

Won’t be me!

You know… uh, only 'cause I’m not good at editing…

Lol. It’s exporting again now. Had a resolution setting to fix. Also edited out all my throat clears. I honestly don’t know how anyone can be around me, it’s annoying as hell to listen to.

1 Like

Ok done.

3 Likes

Very cool video. Platform looks alot like circut design space. I have been using inkscape for artwork and autocad for precision parts but I like the dimension part of this program. Sounds like you still use inkscape to Trace Bitmap for an image to svg?

Yeah, if I need to do that I use Inkscape. I don’t do it often though. Most my stuff is retraced by hand.

These are cool videos. Keep up the good work man. Looking forward for the next one

bought affinity yesterday and reviewed your videos and the tutorials from affinity pretty much non stop for the last 10 hrs. Looks like if you set dpi at 96.375 in document setup it will load on sheetcam 1:1. Not sure how you loaded the drawing from fortifyfabworks. Still trying to slow down your workflow on editing that drawing but looks great.I have 2 computers in office. Load 1 with your tutorials and affinity on the other to follow along.