Early Access for FireControl 21.1.5

Our FireControl development team has been working with customers on the Langmuir Systems forum and elsewhere to resolve freezing issues some of you were seeing in previous versions. As these issues are hard-to-reproduce we are kindly asking those who ran into issues with the 21.1.4 or earlier versions to please check out this version (21.1.5). We have found these issues to be hardware (computer) dependant and so the larger breadth of hardware used, the better.

We have had success internally with 21.1.5 but we want to confirm before we release it to a broader user base. This version updates a number of critical libraries and removes some potential points of issue. There are no major feature updates.

Please download and install FireControl 21.1.5 and report any feedback or issues you may have either to our support team or on this post directly.

Windows:
https://assets.langmuirsystems.com/firecontrol/latest/FireControl-21.1.5.msi
https://assets.langmuirsystems.com/firecontrol/latest/FireControl-21.1.5-compatibility.msi

MacOS installer to follow.

Thank you!

Langmuir Systems

1 Like

Downloaded it and it’s working perfectly. Thank you

Just downloaded and tested the compatibility version and everything worked fine for me. Looking forward to trying the Mac installer when you have it available.

With the next Fire Control update, Can you make a larger pause Button.

Mine freezes every time I cut. Usually after 300-500 peirces but has occasionally frozen before the first 100. Torch stops moving in middle of cut, still firing, and firecontrol becomes complete unresponsive. This happens at random locations all over the table. Only way to quickly stop the cutter from firing is to unplug the USB. At one point i left the table running to run to the can, during a file with a lot of open ended cuts so no tip ups, and came back to find the nozzle completely blown out and the tip seazed into the machine torch. I completely wrecked the machine torch trying to remove the tip, and have had to go back to using the hand torch.

The freeze up does not generate a crash report email. Have to go into task manager to kill fire control, then reboot, rehome the torch, figure out which cut line I was on, and zero out the x-y before I can continue. And thats on a good day. On a positive note, this has made me really really good at saving a cut when things go terribly terribly wrong.

I am hoping that this is the kind of freezing that this update will fix. I have emailed about this issue before but did not get a lot of help. I am pretty sure this is not an interference issue.

I have three craft shows to do this weekend, but I will try the update and report back on how it is going after I get home and do a couple thousand peirces.

The behavior you’re describing sounds like it may very well be noise/interference. Have you experienced freezing like this with the plasma cutter off - either in Dry Run or with THC toggled off?

2 Likes

ok ive got two problems i need help with. v.21.1.4 was updated on my firecontro; ;ast week and it might connect 3/10 attempts in an hour. second problem thats made me reconnect when it runs is my x axis doesnt move. i removed software and reloaded from the page and it always tells me to reflash firmware and to update but only works a few tries out of many. just tried running your .5 and nothing has changed. i have a windows 10 on a three month old xpg i only use this and fusion on

I would run 20.6 in a win10 computer. it’s in the download section. Ignore the updates after you install it. You don’t always have to update the software every time it’s suggested.

1 Like

ill try it thanks

now having redownloaded 20.6 nothing moves. the buttons dont even respond to my mouse. restarted my computer and the crossfire and nothing

that’s strange. did you uninstall the other versions and delete the folder?

as far as i know i deleted and unistalled all firecontrol related items on my computer

Haven’t tried in two weeks due to torch problems but now after trying 21.1.5, 20.6.2, and 21.1.4 today I can’t even get it to connect to my height control or manually fire

Are you successfully connecting to the machine? Can you post a screenshot or send one in a message to our support team?

If you’ve switched between multiple versions of the program you will want to delete the entire .FireControl settings folder located in your User folder. Usually this is C:/Users/[YOUR USER]/.FireControl

Firecontrol will create this folder and the appropriate settings for the version you have currently installed.