Drivers x y z on your mr1

Hi guys just a quick question has anybody has problems with their drivers in the z x or y on there mr1 I hope I’m not the only one that’s face this . My mr1 came to a standstill in the middle of an operation could not figure it out so I called Jake we ran some tests to find out the driver was bad just a quick question has anyone else seen this

I moved this to the MR-1 Area

Converted all my drivers to the high output versions. I have had zero problems.

1 Like

I switched to Leadshine drivers that are a drop in replacement but are completely silent, use less power at idle (so the motors also don’t get hot) and don’t resonate in the same way. Totally worth the $200 upgrade ($50 per driver).

1 Like

I also have the high power drivers from Langmuir on x and z axis and I upgraded the original y drivers with Stepperonline DM860T which work silent and at half the cost of langmuir. Check my video here in the forum on the upgrade. Cheers

2 Likes

AlexW do you happen to have to the part numbers/model numbers for the drivers you used from Leadshine? thanks!

I’m still using the EM542S with my machine. I’m not using CutControl however, so I would check in with people who have upgraded drivers and are still using the stock software. The EM524S can be configured to be a drop-in replacement, but CutControl doesn’t give you any control over speed and acceleration.