Drawing a test cut plate runs ok on sheetcam

The lead out is huge - half an inch. Knock that down to .1 or even .05 inches.

While you’re at it you might want to bump your pierce height to .15 (although that’s plasma mfg dependent).

And your kerf is pretty small unless you’re using fine cut consumables. For standard kerf before measuring actual cuts I use .056 inches. Doesn’t seem like a lot but it’s 25% larger than yours.

Can you post your tap file?

I don’t see anything there that would cause the problem you are experiencing. Can you post one of the .tap files you get when post processing through Sheetcam?

Edit: I see development in the title at the top of your Sheetcam screen, have you installed your license yet? If you are still using the demo version, your files may not be complete because the lines of code are limited. That would explain why your files don’t work in Firecontrol, because the program speed gets commented at the end of the file and that gets cut off, if you run out of lines of code.

1 Like

Yes i did buy it about about 2 months ago and questioned why that was still showing up was told it would always be there.

Did you install the license after you bought it? If you could post a .tap file, we could tell for sure if the files are being cut off at the limit of the demo version.

I’m sorry but can you show me how to send tap file

Click on that icon and then select the .tap file to upload.

New Drawing.tap (2.5 KB)

The only thing that might cause a problem is there is a “Turn off THC on small circles” near the end of the code. I’m guessing that you added that through Path Rules.

Firecontrol automatically turns off the THC when the speed drops below 85% of program speed, so it is not necessary to add that command through Path Rules. Firecontrol does not recognize THC off commands that are added through Path Rules and that is probably causing your issues.

1 Like

I removed that line from this file:
New Drawing2.tap (2.4 KB)

See if that works.

Ok what do i do with what you sent me? Yes i did add the THC didn’t know i didn’t need it. I thought it had something to do with circles cause if i removed them from drawing it would work but you figured it out before i could tell you.

It’s your tap file with the THC off command removed, so it should work in Firecontrol. Just click on the red lettering and it will download the file. Then you can load that file into Firecontrol and see if it works.

If it works, you just need to remove that THC off rule from your path rules, so Sheetcam won’t put that line in the code.

1 Like

Ok I’ll give it a trybut i wish my grandson was here lol.
Thanks So Much for sticking with me to fix this .
Dean

1 Like

Thanks to ds690 for all the help the problem is resolved unknowingly it was self inflected by adding a THC off command to the .tap file when it was already in FireControl for small circles maybe something can be put in the software that wont let you do that if your running THC.Think i age a few more years LOL.

1 Like

VERY NICE HELPFULL THREAD !! THX ds690

1 Like