Downloading Sheetcam

So is Sheetcam not available for download on a Mac?

Windows, Linux, or a Windows clone running on an Intel powered MAC.

No it is not. I run Parallels on my mac to allow it. Does not need to be Intel powered…

1 Like

Really? I didn’t know that Parallels runs on the ARM MACs.

Runs on M1 which is the new processor.

1 Like

Can I get steps on how to proceed with this. I’m new to sheet-cam so it would be very helpful. How exactly does parallel work ?

Parallels is a piece of software to allow you to run windows on your mac.

1. Download Parallels onto the mac
  2. Create a virtual machine running windows using Parallels https://www.parallels.com/?x-clickref=1011ljkDNvVF&utm_source=PARTNERIZE&utm_medium=AFFILIATES
  3. Download and install sheetcam on the windows machine running on your mac.

How old is your mac and how much available drive space do yu have?

This is what it looks like.

2 Likes

I have a dell laptop windows 10 with sheet cam loaded, I am having trouble loading a cut ready file. It does not load in to sheet cam!
This is my first attempt to cut with the pro table, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

When you say ‘cut ready’ where did you get it and what is the file type?

Sheetcam is primarily used to convert graphics files to ‘cut ready’ G-Code files. These files then are fed into Firecontrol application.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response, I am downloading the files from the fire share site. I think I found what the problem is, I need to unzip the file in order to use it. I found the issue I am having on a forum, and they have a very good you tube video for beginners.

What CAD program do you recommend to use? I have sheet Cam, Affinity and Inkscape downloaded but can’t choose.

You’ll need SheetCam as the CAM tool for either Affinity Designer or Inkscape. Which of those two to use depends on what you’re trying to do. If you just want to ‘draw’, like a set of interconnected and loosely dimensioned shapes for art work, then I’d lean toward Inkscape. It you want more dimensional control, I’d recommend Affinity. I use both in my various projects so I don’t view them as have to choose one. Inkscape it free, honest to goodness. Affinity might as well be considered free as it’s something like $60USD for lifetime license.

Sheetcam is used to convert the graphics files from virtually any drawing program into the G-Code necessary for your Crossfire system.

2 Likes