Downloaded G codes are outside cutting table range

Ok, first, let me say I am brand new to this. I purchased the crossfire table and the razorweld 45X. I have tried to download g codes from the amazing people on the forum that are sharing their work. I attempt to load them onto my mach 3 program and the piece is outside of the dimensions of my table. When I asked the machine to attempt a dry run, it tries to move the x and y axis to the extreme limits of the table and then keeps trying to go farther. I have tried to set the x and y axis to 0 - this has not helped. I am at a loss. I would appreciate anyone who is willing to help this newbie with this problem. Thank you in advance for your help and going easy on me.

Welcome to the forum!!

So, if you are loading a Gcode(TAP file) and it’s outside the dimensions of your table what you are trying to cut is drawn at a larger scale than you can handle… The TAP file is basically finished… Although it may be good for one person and their cutter, it may not be for you…

In Mach3 you can scale a TAP file down where I’ve circled…

You might try to enter a value of .5 in there at first and then RE-GEN toolpath to see if it fits at that point… You can play with it from there…

Let us know if this works for you…

I will try it tomorrow morning. Thank you SOOOO much!

That did not seem to help. I tried to pull up different tap files. Even small bottle opener pieces are sending the x and y axis past my machine limits when I decreased the size to .25.
There are some tap files that I pull up that I cannot even see on the table view - because they are so far outside the table specs.

Could you post the TAP’s or DXF’s you’re trying to use?? Maybe some clues there…

Also, are all of your programs set to “inches” ?? Are the drawings possilbly drawn in mm?

That is a very good question. How do I figure that out? Is there a way to change my machine to inches, rather than mm?

For example on the langmiur systems website for downloading ideas
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare
I chose the bass scene. It is way outside the table view in mach 3

@mouradoc

So, if this is the one you are trying to use…
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/bass-fishing-scene
It’s already at 36" x 25" as stated at the top of the page… So, what we need to do then is scale the drawing down to fit on our tables… You could do this in Inkscape or any other drafting/drawing program you use… Many free options out there and perfectly fine for what you want to do… How are you generating your G-code?

So, you start out with a DXF from Fireshare… What do you do with it next to generate your G-code? Do you go to Fusion360 or Sheetcam perhaps?

I converted it via CNC All to G code converter

> I converted it via CNC All to G code converter

Ok…so there’s the issue…

What we need to do for the Crossfire tables is to make/take a drawing(CAD) and then use the drawing to generate tool paths(CAM) specifically for our Crossfire tables. We use those files generated by the CAM process(TAP Files) to let Mach3 know where to start on the table, where to move, and when to fire the torch…etc…

Start here… http://www.langmuirsystems.com/software and see if following this workflow doesn’t get you going…