Done with Everlast (Problem Solved, Everlast still Good to go)

Is there a chance of a bad batch of consumables. May try diffent source

1 Like

That definitely crossed my mind when I saw those pictures.

Getting back to the air dryness I know on my humidity indicator if it’s white that means it’s in need of changing.

This idea is definitely worth entertaining as well.

By the looks of those blown out consumables it seems like moisture and the way the dross looks in the cut also seems like moisture and your indicator is also showing in need of changing. I would be focusing a lot of attention to your air volume and quality, some things a miss.

You definitely have a lot of great air moisture mitigation equipment there.

1 Like

I have flipped the swirl ring a few times with no changed noticeable.

The indicator on the desiccant was white when it arrived… The sealed bag it was in was open… Never ordered a new one. But also have a digital humidity sensor in tank, it’s @ zero, so kinda ignored that disc. Just vented bottom of dry tank, no moisture at all. I pulled the desiccant from that dryer while at it and I’ll swap out to check one thing off list.

I’ll double check all the expendables

Consumable quality seems like the next questionable thing.

Another thought. When you first installed that torch it was clamped low on the torch causing firing issues. Could other damage been done at this time to the torch deforming the air flow path?

1 Like

Good memory! After moving the clamp it fired and seemed OK. I actually swapped that original torch for the one on it now… so thinking it’s not clamp damage.

1 Like

I’m going to machine a nozzle myself and see what happens… :grin::rofl::sunglasses::flushed:

That would be pretty cool.

You could try to make yourself some fine cut consumables.

I would assume though that it has something to do with the hafnium emitter in the electrode. Either being poorly located, not very long, off-center or of poor composition.
That is if it ends up being a consumable issue.

Well I think the problem is solved… Went back to the Everlast box and pulled the original included consumables. These are on the left in Pic… Definitely different than the ones I’ve been using. Went to the Everlast page and the ones I’ve been using look like S45 set. I ordered them with 0.8 nozzles for the finer cut path and never used the original included 1.1.

So as soon as I get my air back together, I’ll do some cuts! Lol… The Hypertherm arrives Monday, so fixed it just in time for someone to get a great deal on a perfectly good everlast…

Geez… The stuff I can screw up.

2 Likes

Well that’s great that the issue is tentatively solved. I’m sure it’s going to work out but post back and let us know if it cuts well.

Yes, Report back I’m interested to hear how it goes with the consumable change. I was considering changing to an everlast if I start having issues with the PW.

Well my confidence has been restored… I’ll update the name of the thread, my mistake on the consumable use…

Part designed @ 1" and 0.5" circle. Kerf @ 0.043. 40 amps. 10g. 40 ipm.

4 Likes

That looks deadly.

About what a guy should expect out of that Everlast.

Here’s the backside of cut, untouched after cut…

5 Likes

man…I should have noticed that…it is such a small difference…but enough of one…

well done…!!!

1 Like

What kind of lead-in and out did you use on that part?

1 Like

In sheetcam… 0.08 lead in and out, tangent, ramp 0.04 over cut.

1 Like

That tip looks like the shielded version. I just switched mine over to shielded and the tip looks like that. I have to assume something is different about the tip, since the shielded cap has an extra row of air holes in it.

1 Like

The ones on the left are Tecmo style consumables (most likely copys) that should be used. The ones on the right are Trafimet S45 style (most likely copys also) and should not be used on that torch.

I see this a lot people using the wrong consumables.

Got a Razorweld 45 brought to me today that would not fire on a Langmuir table. Turns out that the customer was trying to use Hypertherm consumables. Installed a new set of Tecmo consumables and you guessed it works fine.

3 Likes

oops I replied before I saw your last couple post. lol

Dated post, but my goodness… GREAT thread! First post and have a Crossfire Pro and 62i CNC on order! I love this forum already, just from the user support, obviously on clear display! :+1: I say this because I will most likely, eventually need a LOT of support! :smile:

@JA6 Man, I really like the detail in which you articulated your issue, sharp man!

1 Like